Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

753 Gas Tank

Shuboxlover

I didn't know if this should be here or Engines...if it needs moved, feel free.

I put a new fuel tank gasket in my 753 awhile ago, and it still seeped. It wasn't a cork one, but a paper. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it to stop seeping? Someone on here suggested something from a Yamaha (I think) dealership, but i can't find the freaking post.

Any ideas???

stevebo

They made an internal tank (recall I believe) as a fix for this. The only issue with that is that it does not hold very much fuel. I have one in stock.

wh79d160

Is it the big plug that is leaking? I made a gasket out of some cork/rubber gasket material that I got in a combo kit from NAPA for my 702. It's about 3/16 thick. That's the same tank isn't it?

Why does my post have a line thru it???

Shuboxlover

Is it the big plug that is leaking? I made a gasket out of some cork/rubber gasket material that I got in a combo kit from NAPA for my 702. It's about 3/16 thick. That's the same tank isn't it?

Why does my post have a line thru it???

LOL!!!!

Nope, not the plug, I can sit there and watch it seep around the entire gasket

They made an internal tank (recall I believe) as a fix for this. The only issue with that is that it does not hold very much fuel. I have one in stock.

Send me a email/PM and let me know a price shipped to 68358

Thanks

Indy w h

The sealant your referring to is yamabond

Indy

• Like 1

Kelly

I sealed my tank after putting a new gasket in, with a tank sealer from POR15 it's been about a year and no leaks, I'm very happy the kit cost about $50 but I did 3-4 tanks and have enough for another 2 at least, less than $10 a tank, kit has cleaner and neutralizer and the sealer, very easy to do.

wh79d160

Motor cycle shops sell a product, or used to, called Kreem. It is a gas tank sealer.

Why does my reply have a line under it??? I want to scratch my head, but I can't fing the emotiocons.

Shuboxlover

Thanks for the recommendations guys!!!

At this point I'm going to try the Yamabond #5. I called and talked to the sales guys and he says they use it in carburetors, so I figure it's gotta be good in the tank. If not, I'll revisit the issue if it arises.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.....hopefully by this weekend.

Shuboxlover

I am planning on doing this today, my question is.....

Should I even use my "new" paper gasket, or just use the Yamabond AS a gasket???