Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

The "Big Ten" with a diff. look

Jim_M

con·grat·u·la·tion

   [kuhthinsp.pngn-grach-uh-ley-shuhthinsp.pngn or, often, -graj-, kuhthinsp.pngng-] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif congratulating.

congratulations, an expression of joy in the success or good fortune of another.

And this concludes today's spelling lesson.

HorseFixer

con·grat·u·la·tion

   [kuhthinsp.pngn-grach-uh-ley-shuhthinsp.pngn or, often, -graj-, kuhthinsp.pngng-] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif congratulating.

congratulations, an expression of joy in the success or good fortune of another.

And this concludes today's spelling lesson.

:teasing-tease::teasing-blah: :teasing-neener:

Brrly1

Alrighty then, I just got off of the phone with Steve and he was telling me that the Big Ten has ten teams that made it into bowl games this year. So he is planning on everybody making picks for the bowl games. He is finally at home and is planning on getting downstairs to the computer at which point he will be posting. Talk to you soon John

stevasaurus

Yes...let us pick the ABIG Ten bowl games...that should break all ties and let the real champion game picker stand out and be noticed. I will try to ppost the games by Monday.

Brrly1

Ok,Ok already. Monday has came and went Steve where are you? You must still be stuck on the first floor. I will get around here to see if I can get the bowl games listed. Steve be careful. I know the feeling of wanting to be able to do something and you can't.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

sorry it took so long...here are the games...

DEC 27 WESTERN MICHIGAN VS PURDUE AT DETROIT

DEC 30 OKLAHOMA VS IOWA AT TEMPE ARIZONA

DEC 31 TEXAS A & M VS NORTHWESTERN AT HOUSTON

DEC 31 UCLA VS ILLINOIS AT SAN FRANCISCO

JAN 2 PENN ST. VS HOUSTON AT DALLAS

JAN 2 NEBRASKA VS SOUTH CAROLINA AT ORLANDO

JAN 2 GEORGIA VS MICHIGAN ST. AT TAMPA

JAN 2 FLORIDA VS OHIO ST. AT JACKSONVILLE

JAN 2 OREGON VS WISCONSIN AT PASADENA

JAN 3 MICHIGAN VS VIRGINIA TECH AT NEW ORLEANS

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Well, I've been looking at these games for some time now, and every one of these games can go either way. The teams should be fairly evenly matched. The only thing I see that stands out is most of the games will be closer to the opposing teams home. Western Michigan vs Purdue is the exception, but with no real advantage. So I am going to pick with my heart and go with a straight Big Ten wins all of their games...The Big Ten wins all of their bowl games.

Dang, I got some good drugs from the hospital.

• Like 1

Brrly1

Steve, I am Pro Big Ten. I like that thought. I will go right along with you. Big Ten all the way.

HorseFixer

Well Steve and I are talking right now and I am going to vote with my head and not heart. All votes are final by Midnight the 26th so Bitten write this on yer Calendar.

~Duke

JimD

Well Steve and I are talking right now and I am going to vote with my head and not heart. All votes are final by Midnight the 26th so Bitten write this on yer Calendar.

~Duke

Glad someone is takin charge and makin up rules. I wonder what will happen when I post mine at 12:01 AM, 12/27/11

Sky fall?

World come to an end?

Life go on?

male31-male-smiley-whistle-smiley-e.gif :ychain:

stevasaurus

OK...here is the picking with my head BIG TEN BOWL PICKS::::

I pick Purdue over Western Michigan, Oklahoma over Iowa, Northwestern over Texas A&M, Illinois over UCLA, Houston over Penn St., Nebraska over South Carolina, Michigan St. over Georgia, Florida over Ohio St., Wisconsin over Oregon, Michigan over Virginia Tech.

Come on you guys...where are your picks???

ILL-1.jpg

Brrly1

Ok, now you went and picked Oklahoma over Iowa. I am here to tell you that won't happen. Have you guys looked at S.I. this month for there Bowl Predictions. They predicted an Iowa victory. If you remember correctly in 2010 Iowa defeated GA. Tech who was ranked 9th. Last year we took out #12 Missouri. Oklahoma is ranked 19th, who has lost two starters for the year. Iowa has won 4 straight bowl games with going to a bowl game the last 11 years.They figure Vegas is saying that only 3 out of 7 Big Ten teams will win there game. Predictions are that Illini, Michigan and Purdue will win. Personally I am confident about the out come of at least one game. Go Hawkeyes!!!

stevasaurus

OH OH...I feel like I have been bombarded by statistics again... :banana-guitar::banana-jumprope::banana-linedance::banana-rainbow::banana-rock: crackin' me up John.

Brrly1

So will the Score when Iowa comes out on top! Go Hawkeyes!!!

HorseFixer

Ok Busy Holiday Dont matter if it counts heres My Predictions.

Cheers ~Duke

DEC 27 WESTERN MICHIGAN VS PURDUE AT DETROIT........................ PURDUE

DEC 30 OKLAHOMA VS IOWA AT TEMPE ARIZONA................................ OKLAHOMA

DEC 31 TEXAS A & M VS NORTHWESTERN AT HOUSTON.................... A & M

DEC 31 UCLA VS ILLINOIS AT SAN FRANCISCO..................................... UCLA

JAN 2 PENN ST. VS HOUSTON AT DALLAS............................................. HOUSTON

JAN 2 NEBRASKA VS SOUTH CAROLINA AT ORLANDO......................... SOUTH CAROLINA

JAN 2 GEORGIA VS MICHIGAN ST. AT TAMPA........................................ MICHIGAN STATE

JAN 2 FLORIDA VS OHIO ST. AT JACKSONVILLE................................... FLORIDA

JAN 2 OREGON VS WISCONSIN AT PASADENA..................................... OREGON

JAN 3 MICHIGAN VS VIRGINIA TECH AT NEW ORLEANS........................ MICHIGAN

JimD

Uhh, ya might wanna check that second pick there Bob.

Ok Busy Holiday Dont matter if it counts heres My Predictions.

Cheers ~Duke

DEC 27 WESTERN MICHIGAN VS PURDUE AT DETROIT........................ PURDUE

DEC 30 OKLAHOMA VS IOWA AT TEMPE ARIZONA................................ ARIZONA

DEC 31 TEXAS A & M VS NORTHWESTERN AT HOUSTON.................... A & M

DEC 31 UCLA VS ILLINOIS AT SAN FRANCISCO..................................... UCLA

JAN 2 PENN ST. VS HOUSTON AT DALLAS............................................. HOUSTON

JAN 2 NEBRASKA VS SOUTH CAROLINA AT ORLANDO......................... SOUTH CAROLINA

JAN 2 GEORGIA VS MICHIGAN ST. AT TAMPA........................................ MICHIGAN STATE

JAN 2 FLORIDA VS OHIO ST. AT JACKSONVILLE................................... FLORIDA

JAN 2 OREGON VS WISCONSIN AT PASADENA..................................... OREGON

JAN 3 MICHIGAN VS VIRGINIA TECH AT NEW ORLEANS........................ MICHIGAN

stevasaurus

No, you are right Duke...Iowa is going to need Arizona to help them beat Oklahoma :hilarious:

Brrly1

BAH HUMBUG, I will give you the option to double that dollar! It is Not going to happen! Iowa wins 32-29. It just so happens that last year Bob Stoops was wearing a Hawkeye sweatshirt cheering for the Hawkeyes when they played Missouri. Go Figure!!! Once a Hawkeye always a Hawkeye!!! Ya know, his brother Mike was the coach at ASU who has been let go from that position, who is also a defensive coach. It just so happens that all three Stoop brothers attended the Univer. of Iowa. Iowa's defensive coach is retiring after this year, wouldn't it be nice if he came back to Iowa to lead the defense. Oh yeah Dukes favorite coach Rodriguez is now head coach there. Sorry Duke, I just had to throw that one in there.

JimD

It's good to see the competitive spirit in this thread is still alive after the downtime.

JimD

My picks are highlighted in red.

DEC 27 WESTERN MICHIGAN VS PURDUE AT DETROIT

DEC 30 OKLAHOMA VS IOWA AT TEMPE ARIZONA

DEC 31 TEXAS A & M VS NORTHWESTERN AT HOUSTON

DEC 31 UCLA VS ILLINOIS AT SAN FRANCISCO

JAN 2 PENN ST. VS HOUSTON AT DALLAS

JAN 2 NEBRASKA VS SOUTH CAROLINA AT ORLANDO

JAN 2 GEORGIA VS MICHIGAN ST. AT TAMPA

JAN 2 FLORIDA VS OHIO ST. AT JACKSONVILLE

JAN 2 OREGON VS WISCONSIN AT PASADENA

JAN 3 MICHIGAN VS VIRGINIA TECH AT NEW ORLEANS

HorseFixer

No, you are right Duke...Iowa is going to need Arizona to help them beat Oklahoma :hilarious:

First.... Thanks Jim I Corrected my pick musta had a Tight Piston Ring or Sumptin..... :eek: Needed a Qt of apple juice to loosen me up!

John I will change my pick if ya throw in a tombstone weight! :ychain:

stevasaurus

Just so everyone knows...John (Brrly1) and I had a $1 wager on which Big Ten team would win the Championship game this year. We picked the teams about 4 weeks before the end of the season...he took Iowa and I took Wisconsin. The results..John owes me a dollar. Now he wants to bet that dollar on the Iowa vs Oklahoma game, and as much as I would like to see Iowa win...it just ain't in the cards. So, John, it is a bet...I will take Oklahoma and you take Iowa for another dollar. This is like taking candy from a baby...and I really feel bad doing it....but being a fair guy, I will give you a shot at it. Let me know John if this is OK...the bet is on. :happy-wavemulticolor:

JimD

Oh man, you guys need to have your man cards revoked with these mamby pamby bets you're doing. Next thing ya know you'll be wantin to get in touch with your feminine sides. It's time to man up and make a serious bet, no less than 500 Chicago Bucks. I'll hold the money.... :angry-tappingfoot:

Steve-1.png

stevasaurus

Well, Purdue got the first Big Ten win...now it is Iowa's turn tonight. I am really having a hard time rooting for Iowa and having Oklahoma for $1 with Brrly1. :orcs-cheers:

HorseFixer

Well, Purdue got the first Big Ten win...now it is Iowa's turn tonight. I am really having a hard time rooting for Iowa and having Oklahoma for $1 with Brrly1. :orcs-cheers:

YIKES! was that a thrashing or what?..... Well Steve so far were 2-0, I think its time for some Vilolin Music... :violin: And some Dancin.... :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: Ok maybe since there Line Dancin, its a Fiddle instead. :eusa-whistle:

~Duke

• Like 1