Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

The "Big Ten" with a diff. look

HorseFixer

Thanks for the mulligan Duke.

I should have just went with my gut instinct. I went with Illinois because Purdue's ratings are so bad and with Wisconsin because of the suspended player of Michigan State.

Michigan State and Wisconsin was a very good game, thats why I watch/love collage football.

GO BUCKEYES

Me too! :help: I thought the Illini would kick the chit outta Purdue. :dunno: There is really so many things that happen that effect these games that we dont even see or know about. The same team that shows up to play today can self destruct a week later. I am glad the MSU player William Gholston got a game vacation it should have been more as he had a seperate one for trying to twist off

Denards facemask which looked to be 5 seconds after the play. <_< Contrary to what their coach says Thats Not Football. Ok onto week 9 Here are my picks.

Cheers ~Duke :thanks:

Northwestern @ Indiana........................... Northwestern

Purdue @ Michigan................................... Michigan

Iowa @ Minnesota.................................... Iowa

Wisconsin @ Ohio State............................ Whisky

Illinois @ Penn State................................ Penn State

Michigan State @ Nebraska...................... Spartans altho I smell a possible upset :wh:

stevasaurus

I probably should wait a couple of days to pick next weeks games because I am still :wh::help::thanks:

Oh well, pick yourself up and get back in the game. I've got a feeling it is going to be the week of the home teams...so: My picks are Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio St., Penn St. and Nebraska. :dunno:

Brrly1

Boy Howdy with those picks Steve, I surely don't see you getting out of the cellar anytime soon. I take it you didn't watch the Iowa game yesterday. The offense showed up again and basically scored on every possession except one. I am gonna wait and make my picks later on this week. Thats unless they need to be made today. I don't know how we would do this but i am thinking to get some more people in this picking winners! Big Al, Jim D, C series 14, Mike where are you at, Tyson, whats up with you, We haven't heard anything from you ( I thought you were a big time cheerleader for Nebraska) I am sure there are many others out thr who have had something to say. Com'on guys lets make it interesting. I haven't heard anything out of you Penn State guys at all. They look to be having a good year. Anyways the challenge has been issued, lets see if we get a response. :dunno:

:wh:

HorseFixer

I am gonna wait and make my picks later on this week. Thats unless they need to be made today. I don't know how we would do this but i am thinking to get some more people in this picking winners! Big Al, Jim D, C series 14, Mike where are you at, Tyson, whats up with you, We haven't heard anything from you ( I thought you were a big time cheerleader for Nebraska) I am sure there are many others out thr who have had something to say. Com'on guys lets make it interesting. I haven't heard anything out of you Penn State guys at all. They look to be having a good year. Anyways the challenge has been issued, lets see if we get a response. :help:

:thanks:

The more the Merryier! No John waiting later is fine, I would say lets make it before 12:00 noon on the day the first game is played, And yer allowed to change yer mind too just as long as its before noon same as waiting. Yep later on there is a game on friday I think Turkey Bird Weekend. Yep Al, Jim. Mike, Tyson, BK Scouter and all you other Guys I will Give ya some Mulligans and put ya at Steve and Bittens level with 5. I think that's fair. :wh: Someone needs to help Steve in his Picks cause he sure as hell aint been doin no good himself! :dunno:

Cheers ~Duke

HorseFixer

Well looks like me and Steve are the only one with our picks listed, :wh: everything on this site is all bucked up!

was down 35 posts yesterday today Im down 120. Tomorrow Ill wake up and not have any. :help: Well I have only

one thing to say! :dunno:

Happy Holloween

Skeleton.gif

stevasaurus

Well Bob, looks like my picks were not that bad. :dunno: BTW...John had the same picks that you did...they were in the RS Jr. site but got deleted. So he was 3 wins and 3 losses also...I was 5 wins and 1 loss. thumbs up.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/s ... sched.html

Brrly1

Well, Iowa kind of took that one on the chin last week. You'll have that in the Big Ten. Steve , it looks like this week I am taking the home teams for wins this next weekend. I of course will start with the Iowa Hawkeyes coming out with a win over Michigan, Ohio State should follow with a win over Indiana. Next we are looking for Michigan State to rebound with a victory against Minnesota. I am going to look to the west for Nebraska to pull out another victory against Northwestern. Last but not least Wisconsin should prevail at home against Purdue. I myself am looking for a rebound to go my way. Have a Great week Burly

HorseFixer

Okay here are the results for the past 3 weeks

This weeks winner Steve The Dinasour with 5 for 6 Duke and John 3 outta 6 :wh: So I am still one game ahead of John & Steve But Steve came up outta the sewer to just one behind the leader! ME! :help:

Duke 11 out of 16..................Was 8 out of 10 Last Week

John 10 out of 16..................Was 7 out of 10 Last Week

Steve 10 out of 16................Was 5 out of 10 Last Week

Bitten 8 out of 16..................Was 5 out of 10 Last Week

Now for my picks this week! looks like we are back to 5 games!

Michigan at Iowa....... ~ MICHIGAN ~ :thanks: Are you kidding me!! We smashed the GOPHERS! :thanks:

Northwestern Mildcats.. -vs- Nebraska Corn Shuckers.... ~ Corn Shuckers ~

Illini aka The Cigar Store Indian <<<< ~ Illini Wins ~ Cause their off this week :dunno:

Buckeyes -vs- Hoosiers...Ill take take the ~ Buckeye's ~ to squeek past them.

Purdue -vs Whisky....... Im going with ~ Whisky Badgers ~ they are ticked with loss ove OSU

Mich State Spartans -vs- Golden Gophers....... ~ Spartans ~ cause their tissed over Corn Shucker defeat.

stevasaurus

Looks like another home team week for my picks...

Ohio St. over Indiana

Iowa over a toooo highly rated Michigan

Michigan St. over Minnesota

Nebraska over Northwestern

Wisconsin over Purdue

Here we go...sit back and enjoy..

bitten

I had to post last weeks pics on Facebook RedSquare. I could not post in here. I do not know if any of you seen them but I got all 6 games correct. That will probably never happen again.

Shuboxlover

I know you guys aren't going to believe this, but i posted a prediction right before "Horse-Ageddon"

I had the Huskers over Sparty by 14.... :help:

Looks like we have found our groove after a little :dunno: 'in :wh:

bitten

Michigan at Iowa - Michigan Tuff pick of the week

Minnesota at Michigan State - Michigan State

Northwestern at Nebraska - Nebraska

Purdue at Wisconsin - Wisconsin

Indiana at Ohio State - Ohio State

GO BUCKEYES

stevasaurus

I know you guys aren't going to believe this, but i posted a prediction right before "Horse-Ageddon"

I had the Huskers over Sparty by 14.... :thanks:

Looks like we have found our groove after a little :dunno: 'in :wh:

Oh sure, you expect us to believe that a guy from Nebraska is going to pick Nebraska to win??? :thanks:

Welcome back, and yes it does look like the Huskers are a force to be reckoned with. :help:

stevasaurus

Oh No...Iowa whips up on a highly rated Michigan. :thanks::thanks:

Finally...Michigan at Illinois next week. :dunno::wh: :help:

stevasaurus

What a day in the Big Ten...a lot of close games that could have gone either way. How about Northwestern beating the Huskers? :dunno: Looks like I was 4 out of 5, and I do not mind losing the Nebraska game...who would have ever guessed Northwestern beating Nebraska....kinda like... :wh:

whfan74

Too many mistakes by Michigan in the first half + 12 players on the field in the final 30 seconds = an unfortunate loss by the Maize and Blue.

Be thankful Iowa...........watch out Illinois. If Michigan has the lead at halftime, might as well pack it up. Watch any of their games this year and they have the most superior coaching staff in the Big Ten, to change a game after some halftime adjustments from week to week is impressive. This isn't a biased opinion, it is a factual observation! :dunno:

7-2 in a first year after the last administrations players are still around????? Give it time, but we are headed back to the top!

GO BLUE!

Brrly1

Boy Howdy, I haven't ever read so many excuses as what Michigan had in there loss yesterday. Those refs just aren't from Iowa. They come in from different areas in the Big Ten as they are offical refs for the Big Ten. I guess I could actually say that they are definitely "Whiners". I really think it is pretty ridiculous how they act. As far as the twelve players goes if that was actually happening there would have been a flag for it especially in the last 30 seconds come on Scott you know it as well as I do. The play that got called back, the player was clearly down as his knees might not have touched the ground but it was shown there again that his elbow was on the ground which makes him down. It was a nice try but he got caught on the review. Iowa's defense came to life for this game. I was actually impressed especially after the goal line defense they put up at the end of the game. All in all it was a win for the Iowa Hawkeyes. Go Hawkeyes!!! :dunno:

:wh:

HorseFixer

Boy Howdy, I guess I could actually say that they are definitely "Whiners". I really think it is pretty ridiculous how they act. As far as the twelve players goes if that was actually happening there would have been a flag for it especially in the last 30 seconds come on Scott you know it as well as I do. The play that got called back, the player was clearly down as his knees might not have touched the ground but it was shown there again that his elbow was on the ground which makes him down.

John, he made a touchdown. I was switching to other TV Staions ESPN, Big Ten Network and they all agree it was clearly a touchdown and all of those proffesionals can't be wrong. Not one agreed that it wasn't. His Knee was clearly down in bounds before the ball elbow or anything else hit out of bounds, and he had control of the ball. And as far as 12 players go It looked like 18 if you consider the Refs!

:dunno: Christmas came early to Iowa this year! :wh:

WoW! :thanks: And congrats on the three wins in a row first time ever! :thanks: It amazes me all the firsts that have been

awarded other teams the past few years Because of Michigans Bad Luck! What everyone considers an accomplishment

we do on a continual basis! :thanks: All I can say enjoy it while you can, because as Scott mentioned, and I have been

preaching which seams like 4 ever ya better enjoy it while ya can, cause you give Brady a couple more years and all these

gifts everyone is recieving are gonna stop. :help:

Now onto next week we will take our frustrations out on the Cigar Store Indians!

Brrly1

Well, evidently the review referee in the review box didn't see it that way. The papers here in Toledo didn't even see it that way either. They are a whole lot more Michigan than Iowa, go figure. I guess I need to watch the Final drive again because I didn't here anything like that. Going for Four next year. Guess what our young team will be a whole lot better. How many passes did old Denard get knocked down by the same Hawkeye? Inteceptions x 1. Fumbles x 1. All by the all mighty Denard. Give it up you were beat. Quit blaming the refs. Go Hawkeyes!!!

stevasaurus

Don't ya just hate it when it looks like the refs become involved in the outcome of a game. :dunno:

I heard that same referee team will be doing the Illini game next week. :wh:

Brrly1

:help: :wh: :dunno:

illinilefttackle

Boy Howdy, I guess I could actually say that they are definitely "Whiners". I really think it is pretty ridiculous how they act. As far as the twelve players goes if that was actually happening there would have been a flag for it especially in the last 30 seconds come on Scott you know it as well as I do. The play that got called back, the player was clearly down as his knees might not have touched the ground but it was shown there again that his elbow was on the ground which makes him down.

John, he made a touchdown. I was switching to other TV Staions ESPN, Big Ten Network and they all agree it was clearly a touchdown and all of those proffesionals can't be wrong. Not one agreed that it wasn't. His Knee was clearly down in bounds before the ball elbow or anything else hit out of bounds, and he had control of the ball. And as far as 12 players go It looked like 18 if you consider the Refs!

:dunno: Christmas came early to Iowa this year! :wh:

WoW! :cry: And congrats on the three wins in a row first time ever! :party: It amazes me all the firsts that have been

awarded other teams the past few years Because of Michigans Bad Luck! What everyone considers an accomplishment

we do on a continual basis! :thanks: All I can say enjoy it while you can, because as Scott mentioned, and I have been

preaching which seams like 4 ever ya better enjoy it while ya can, cause you give Brady a couple more years and all these

gifts everyone is recieving are gonna stop. :help:

Now onto next week we will take our frustrations out on the Cigar Store Indians!

:thanks::o:);):thanks::party:

indian2.jpg

HorseFixer

Well, evidently the review referee in the review box didn't see it that way. The papers here in Toledo didn't even see it that way either. They are a whole lot more Michigan than Iowa, go figure. I guess I need to watch the Final drive again because I didn't here anything like that. Going for Four next year. Guess what our young team will be a whole lot better. How many passes did old Denard get knocked down by the same Hawkeye? Inteceptions x 1. Fumbles x 1. All by the all mighty Denard. Give it up you were beat. Quit blaming the refs. Go Hawkeyes!!!

Yer Funny! :dunno:

HorseFixer

Don't ya just hate it when it looks like the refs become involved in the outcome of a game. :dunno:

I heard that same referee team will be doing the Illini game next week. :wh:

:thanks:Yer Funny 2!!! :help:

whfan74

You guys are too much............whiners??? Please, have some class! :wh:

Read my first line........."too many mistakes by Michigan in the first half"

Of course some of you are defensive and looking for an argument. Never said the touchdown called back was a bad call.......his elbow was clearly down. Nice catch in the endzone though......and great job wrapping your arm around the waist of the receiver on the final play and turning him. Enjoy the win.........you scored more than us.

Almighty Denard????? Never said a darn thing about him and I will never call him a quarterback.............best dang athlete I have seen in quite some time though.

Ponder this......................Ferentz leaves after this season, would the Huckeyes be 7-2 after their first 9 games. :dunno: