Sign in to follow this  
ironcitymadman

man I feel stupid

ironcitymadman

went to look at a b-100 with replacement 16hp kohler :D also a plow (like new), extra wheels, weights, extra seat. $300 bucks. owner couldn't get it to run cause it sat for a year, said it ran fine knocked 50 bucks off and I took it. brought home go over points are out of adjustment, check oil add to full level get it running and procedds to puke oil like a college kid on quater draft nite. :woohoo: thinking I got it royaly I find another tractor for $250 with newer motor. buddy stops by for some beers show him whats going on. He asks did you check to see how much oil is in original tractor? :ROTF: wrong dipstick put an extra 1.5 quarts in it. needless to say I sold other tractor and got a great running 16 hp b-100. LEARN FROM MY STUPIDITY!!!!!!! ok rant over look for tractor in restos as rattle can worker.

312Hydro

At least your story has a happy ending :woohoo:

Horse'n Around

Im glad that you got it figured out. Dont beat yourself up over it. Unless a person already knew what the capacity of that particular engine was how could you have known the dipstick was wrong. It could have happened to anyone. Not that Im a genius by any means :D but Im sure it would have slipped by me too and would have left me scratching or banging my head too.

Congratulations on getting it all worked out :woohoo:

stevasaurus

OK...read the line below in my signature...I did not just make that up...wait...yes I did...oh well...it is what you do when you go on from there. :woohoo::D:ROTF: I do find that a cocktail makes a lot of bad things go away. :D:P:D :D

ironcitymadman

not to cross with the bad happings on the c101 thread I did buy and sell a tractor in less than a month, but still intact and from a red square member :woohoo:

doc

Great find there, but I've got a 702 went to check the oil just after I got it and nothing was on the stick, well I put in the proper amount and started it up, well it started to blow white smoke out the stack, well thinking I put to much in I pulled the dip stick out and nothing on in. Well this dip stick pulled the Kohler oil dip stick out and smelled it and it smelled like gas. Morel to the story shut the fuel off before it gravity feeds down the line through the stuck float in the bowl, in the intake,to the piston and passed the piston rings then in the oil pan :woohoo:

kthack657

Doc,

Thank you for the post, same thing happened to my 701, the gas was all in the oil pan. hopefully I will bw able to keep the problem from happening again...could the breather also have something to do with it? I think mine was put on upside down.

Karen

• Like 1