zieg72

Workhorse GT1800

zieg72

as the title says, please describe approx year/size compared to a 520H, I assume a Briggs 18 hp? Let me know as I have a lead on one to add to the herd...

Kelly

Hydro or stick? the body/frame is like a 300/400 series, if it's a hydro the trans is a eaton 1100 with hyd. lift like the 520, and yes it would be a briggs twin.

TT

It's the pewter WorkHorse, comparable to 400 series hydro models. (like a 416-H)

The pewter tractors are all either 1982, 83, or 84 models.

18hp B&S horizontally opposed twin with Eaton 1100 pump w/hydraulic lift.

My (1983) GT-1848 parked next to my (1990) 416-H:

112209002-1.jpg

• Like 1

zieg72

Thanks guys, waiting on a response from the seller. Will keep everyone informed as to the outcome...

Operator

I had one here too for awhile Carl GT-1848. Decent tractor, a little noisey with that Briggs though. Got it out of Rockford Ill.

Randy

jtmoyer

if it is the 1800 it is an 84. i had one once but did not like the briggs for not having an oil filter. a friends dad has it not. the 18hp did not have the cheaper trans and it had hydro lift.

it was my first "wheel horse" experience and i still love that tractor :banghead:

SALTYWRIGHT

HI.....I HAVE ONE NOW. IT IS THE 1984..MINE WAS PAINTED BLACK AT THE FACTORY.(A $45.00 EXTRA) IT IS A GOOD WHEEL HORSE WITH A HYD. LIFT AND AUTO DRIVE.. I HAVE A PLOW ON IT NOW. RUSS :banghead:

sgtsampay

Yeah, good tractor. I have its smaller brother the GT 1600 and its a champ. Its a shame that it was only made for year though. LOL. I prefere the 8 speeds better but the hydro are great for what I hear!

zieg72

I am hoping it is a hydro but still waiting on a return email...

TT

All 1800/1848 models are all hydros with hydraulic lift.

The GT-1100/1142 & 1600/1642 models are all 8 speeds.

The WorkHorses were produced for 3 years and are essentially the same tractor over the entire run. The biggest difference was the paint. The 1982 models were metallic pewter and the '83/'84 models were non-metallic pewter.

sgtsampay

Why did they stop them TT? Weren't the workhorses for the most part good tractor that were a little cheaper cause they had 4 pinon trannys and Briggs engines?

TT

They main reason they stopped is because the 300/400 series tractors began in 1985.

sgtsampay

So the workhorses were before the 300/400 series? Man I really need to read that book about wheel horse. LOL.

can whlvr

my 308 has the 4 pinion 1inch axles,its been amazing and can push snow like theres no tomorow.

• Like 2

SALTYWRIGHT

I HAVE A GT-1800 WITH THE B&S. IT WAS PAINTED BLACK FROM NEW. ($45.00 EXTRA) IT IS AN AUTO. VERY GOOD RUNNING TRACTOR.

• Like 1

jeremi3210

Saltywright i would like to see a pic of your gt1800 i have one to and would like to see the black option.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:  Me too.    :text-+1: