Sign in to follow this  
hoppy

Wheel horse one arm loader?

hoppy

Did wheel horse make a one arm hydraulic loader?

there is a wheel horse in the local classifieds that has a one arm loader on it. arm is on the right if your sitting on machine and there is a bunch of round weights on the left side. is this weird or do they work ok?

wallfish

Sounds interesting, Can you post some pics of it or give us a link?

stevebo

Fireman already had the first look at it and passed on it. He can chime in maybe...

Buzz

Oldandred (Jerry) has a one armed loader on one of his 'horses that he likes. Of course he also has a yellow 'Horse with spots..... :D Maybe he can give you some insight on it.(The loader not the 'Horse) :USA:

• Like 1

fireman

I went and saw it. Thing needs tons of work. The loader is plumbed off the hydro and barely moves. Looks like the PO started to add an oil tank to the rear so it could run independently from the transmission. the throttle and wiring is hacked. The engine is a K301 and didn't look original and smokes a lot. The guy won't budge on the price. He said he would rather put it in the shed and leave it there for 10 years then let it go at a cheaper price. Here are some pictures: (PS It looks much better in the pictures than in person)

2010-06-12162012.jpg

2010-06-12161957.jpg

2010-06-12162038.jpg

Duff

I'm no mechanical engineer, but from the look of that set-up, the torsional stresses on the frame and lift mechanism have to be terrific if you put any decent load in the bucket. What did they hope to accomplish with this design? :D

I had never even heard of or seen this type of arrangement until now, and I think I know why! (No offense meant, Jerry!) :wh:

Duff :USA:

pfrederi

Ford had a one armed loader that was installed on 2N-9N and 8N tractors. Looked strange but apparently worked.

rickv1957

Looks a little different for sure,Rick

hoppy

That would be the one!!! weird setup. id feel alot better if there was another arm on that thing.

The Toolman

JCB has that same setup on one of their machines/backhoe? I'd hafta pass on this type setup myself.

stevasaurus

Makes you wonder if there isn't another one out there...only it's on the PORT side. :D

CasualObserver

You used to be able to buy the plans to build that loader from PF Engineering. I would guess they still have it. Their plans have been pretty popular for years with other brands. Just never really caught on with the Wheel Horse crowd.

Wheel Horse Fan

There are plans out there to build a similar loader. According to the website the load rating is 200 lbs at full height.

cad plans.com

robinpaint

I own it now. It's on a C-120-8. I have worked it hard around my yard and moved alot of snow during those big storms two years ago. Nothing twisted, nothing bends, strong as a two arm. I can easily fuel up or tune from the left side.

• Like 1

big mike

Who would be cruel enough to dump a yellow with black polka dotted(with the Ford logo painted on the hood too) Horse on some unsuspecting soul :eusa-think:  :lol:

Tankman

Makes you wonder if there isn't another one out there...only it's on the PORT side. :hide:

Well put Squid! Do we have one for the STARBOARD side?  

Oops. Show on the STARBOARD side. Jarhead stands corrected.  :laughing-rofl:

Edited by Tankman

Irv

There's one for sale on ebay now

• Like 1

woodchuckfarmer

Ive seen the one made for an 8n tractor, didn't think much of it.

Butch

Makes you wonder if there isn't another one out there...only it's on the PORT side. :hide:

Port side?  What a Swabbie!

• Like 1

Horse46

Doesn't it have an earlier model hood on it too?