OK...OK How about these people just loving the color? :D

capt7ce56d315d051e4184accc44272a6d5.jpg

I don't know about the color, but I love those "people". :USA:

JimD

SOI looks good in that shade of orange - a soothing, healing color shade

orangesquirrel.jpg

Chuck, I think that blonde on the left has her eye on you. :D

JimD

I've started the reassembly process, though it's slow going. My organizational skills could use a tuneup, because I'm still trying to find all the parts to this tractor. This is what happens when you let one sit for several months. Here's a couple pics....

C85013.jpg

C85014.jpg

stevasaurus

Looks great Jim. :USA: I am afraid to say anything about your jack stands. :D :wh:

rmaynard

I've started the reassembly process, though it's slow going. My organizational skills could use a tuneup, because I'm still trying to find all the parts to this tractor. This is what happens when you let one sit for several months. Here's a couple pics....

Don't worry about finding all those parts Jim. They are there somewhere, and they will turn up as soon as you buy others to replace them. :D

Bob

Save Old Iron

SOI looks good in that shade of orange - a soothing, healing color shade

Chuck, I think that blonde on the left has her eye on you. :D

orangesquirrelgigetty.jpg

rickv1957

Lookin good there Jim,the tractor too!! :D Rick

Gators_Dad

:D Jim D that unit looks real sharp. I'm thinking your missing parts are in the pile of nuts that squirrel has been storing up.. :USA:

rmaynard

:D Jim D that unit looks real sharp. I'm thinking your missing parts are in the pile of nuts that squirrel has been storing up.. :wh:

Welcome to the square Gators-Dad. Hope to see more of you.

:D

And you are probably right about the parts. :ychain:

62c1e841.gif

Jim, keep looking. I know you will find all those wascally parts :USA:

Bob

JimD

Thanks for the vote of confidence Bob. :D And Gator, :wh: enjoy the sight

and yea I'll be diggin through that pile too. :USA:

ol550

Looks great Jim. :wh: I am afraid to say anything about your jack stands. :D:ychain:

I'll say it. :D Brings out the true color of the tractor. :USA: Mike

JimD
Looks great Jim. :D

rmaynard

I chose those especially for this project. when it's on wheels again, one will become the seat, and the other one will be converted into a steering wheel! :thumbs:

And you've got to hang one off the back to hold the beer.

Bob

JimD

Tried that on the B60, but the ice doesn't seem to last very long... :thumbs:

Gators_Dad

Your sure taking your time on this refurbish.... Unlike "some" folks with a starter replacement :thumbs::D:D :thanks:

JimD

I seem to recall a starter on your workbench, and you knowing right where it was. That was two years ago, but I think I see it there.....

clutteredworkbench.jpg

somewhere. :thumbs:

Gators_Dad

:thumbs: :D:D:thanks:

Thats clean compaired to my shop.... :wh::beer: :omg:

JimD

This will be the last installment in this thread as it has been mentioned quite often lately that these refurbs and resto's are nothing "amazing". So as not to be redundant, I'll keep my future projects to myself, that way no one will be bored to death with them. However, to those of you who choose to continue posting your projects here, I will be your biggest cheerleader, because I believe some folks are wrong in this. Everyone who has done a tractor knows the hours and effort it takes to do it.

The painting and chassis assembly are done. Here are a few Pics...

C85resto017.jpg

C85resto016.jpg

C85resto015.jpg

C85resto019.jpg

Now I ask that the mods close this thread.

Edit: I forgot, :thumbs:

dgjks6

Uhm, Jim, I hate to mention this, uh, there is no motor in the tractor, so its not done yet. Keep posting. I'll follow. I want to see the finished project.

By the way - I saw this tractor in person and it isnot a 40 footer. I would be thrilled if mine turns out so well.

Greg

fireman

Jim,

That looks great. I say keep the thread going! I'll be damned if I close one of my threads because of a few problem children. As you recall I left this site because of the same reason and I will never let it happen again :thumbs:

Jeff

rickv1957

Jim,

That looks great. I say keep the thread going! I'll be damned if I close one of my threads because of a few problem children.

Jim,I agree with Jeff 100%,keep them post of your tractor coming!!!!!! :thumbs: Rick

stevasaurus

You can't give up now, when you are so close.

images.jpg

Now get back in that ring. :thumbs:

whfan74

Jim,

That tractor looks fantastic! :thumbs:

My dad has a C 85 he bought brand new back in the early 80's. Some day when it is done doing duty in the yard I hope I can bring it back to look half as good as yours! :D

frankiefiredog

That's a damn fine looking Horse there Jim. Well done! I can't wait until I have the opportunity to refurb/refinish a horse. I get so tempted everytime I see one up for sale! Yours looks awesome! Keep the pics coming!

Dave

Lagrange, Ohio

Horse'n Around

Please whatever you do,keep your posts coming, I really enjoy looking at the work that other people are doing to their tractors. Plus, with the descriptions and pictures of the various restores and rebuilds or whatever a person wants to call it it is a huge source of information, say a person has a tractor like yours and theres something missing,bent or broke, all it takes is a look at a picture of someone elses tractor from the rebuild and the answer to a problem can be found just that easy. On top of being interesting to follow, step by step rebuilds like yours are helpfull and for those of us who have tractors that waiting to be gone thru and fixed up, they are inspiring, it just makes me want to go out and work on me tractor even more,very motivating and helpfull. Besides, you've done a great job on it, You should be proud of what you have done, I know I would be. Please keep the updates coming.

John

Still stuck in Arizona :thumbs: