mflowers

C-160 Restore

mflowers

My rebuild kit arrived from ISaveTractors and I dropped the piston and connecting rod off to the machine shop to verify measurements before they bore it. I was excited to see they had the block prepped and the deck surfaced, so it shouldn’t be too long before I get it back! 

In the mean time I can get the bearing plate cleaned up and bearing pressed in, then paint and rebuild the PTO clutch.

Hopefully some progress photos coming soon!

• Like 1

mflowers
Posted (edited)

The motor is back together! Thanks to pfrederi and his detailed instructions and for loaning me the tool, it really wasn’t that bad at all. I was a little surprised that even after correcting the end gap and installing the new bearings that there was still a small amount wobble in them. 

I hope to get the external parts on this weekend and get it started on the bench! IMG_3183.jpeg.c53a588849644bd2ec9f505123b18b56.jpeg

IMG_3184.jpeg

Edited by mflowers
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

oliver2-44
22 hours ago, mflowers said:

I was a little surprised that even after correcting the end gap and installing the new bearings that there was still a small amount wobble in them. 

Did you check that the balance gear shafts were in spec.  It’s been a while but I’m thinking they should be fairly wobble free.  The shafts have a small wear allowance. 
Maybe @pfrederi has some more recent experience with this. 

mflowers
7 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Did you check that the balance gear shafts were in spec.  It’s been a while but I’m thinking they should be fairly wobble free.  The shafts have a small wear allowance. 
Maybe @pfrederi has some more recent experience with this. 

I did check them and they were .4998 and manual says min. is .4996. A new one is .5000.

mflowers

Made a little more progress. New head bolts and fuel pump came in so hopefully over the weekend I will be be able to crank it up!IMG_3191.jpeg.43db799cea1ed9ccf76a3694362d502c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

mflowers

My new gas tank bushing and shut off valve come in, so I was able to run it a little longer than the jar of gas allowed the past few nights 😂. I think I’ve got the points set right and the carb dialed in, and was able to test the hydro - so far so good! 

IMG_3220.jpeg

IMG_3221.jpeg

IMG_3222.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5
  • Heart 1

Moparfanforever

Your tractor is looking sharp!!

:thumbs::bow-blue:

• Thanks 1

mflowers

I found a seat pan that is getting reinforced with a few welds on the corners and then off to powder coat so I can mount up the great looking setup I got from Matt! 

IMG_3264.jpeg

IMG_3266.jpeg

• Excellent 3