Sign in to follow this  
HankB

Anything I should know about an Electro 12?

HankB

I know where one is for sale. I searched the forum and it seems that some have the electric PTO clutch replaced with a mechanical one. I also saw a comment about it having older PTO and attachment setup. Will it share a tiller with my 314-H?

What about the Sundstrand transmissions? Do they usually hold up well?

thanks,

hank

Edit: The picture I have shows Electro 12 on the hood and Charger Automatic on the pedestal. Is that normal?

IMG_0363-PP.JPG

Raider12

Im almost certin the tiller will work on both of these tractors. And I believe my Electro 12 originaly had an electric pto and now has a manual unit in place. The electric units can be a bit expensive to replace. As far as the rear differentials, I have heard of some people have issues, but all things said I think they hold quite well. If Im wrong, someone else may chime in and say different.

bo dawg

I've never had any problems with mine, it's a solid unit and pulls a 1 bottom plow just fine. I heard their not as strong too, but I can't tell the difference. If they have'nt been abused should hold up just fine. :omg:

The decals on the hood and stand is correct.

HankB

Hi guys - thanks for the replies. At this point it is academic because when my son went back this morning, it was already gone.

IMG_0363-resize.JPG

Seller was asking $250. If it ran had moved, I figure it was worth that easily. It looked like a good candidate for restoration. :omg:

WheelHorse_of_course

I agree, was worth $250 if it started and moved.

It is fun to have a 40 year old machine!

Heck, you could sell the hub caps for at least $100!!

Too bad you missed it, but there will be another at some point!

:D :omg:

HankB

Too bad you missed it, but there will be another at some point!

Then again, maybe I didn't miss it! :D And gthe PO threw in an FEL if I could figure out how to mount it. :omg:

29639_417011108782_635413782_5253950_5539621_n.jpg

Not really. That is the frame for an FEL that my son picked up for his Cub CUT. It might weigh as much as the WH.

But the Electro 12 did show up in the yard again. Apparently it was not sold - only put way. So as soon as I get my son $250, it is mine. :D

rickv1957

Nice looking tractor there! :omg: Rick

WheelHorse_of_course

Good luck, don't wait past pay day...

:D :omg: