Sign in to follow this  
Gene_S

Mentone Indiana Swap & Sell Apr 17

fabricator2009

:omg: Hi everyone. I just unloaded the trailer from the swap meet. What an awesome turn out we had. Thank you to everyone who came. The weather was a bit breezy and chilly, but overall a great day. Thanks to Gene and Sara For helping. Thanks to everyone helped Richard and I have a good day. Also I'm glad John (aka) burrly and Steve are ok from their little mishap. Ken (aka) fabricator2009.

Kelly

I just got home man this was a long day 4am was a long time ago and 300 miles round trip :D yes I did very very well selling stuff :omg: about half my load is gone, I made way more than I thought I would, Thanks for having me guys I will be back.

I seen the truck and car John and Steve were in I really hope everyone is OK it was a mess they cut the side off the car to get the driver out, didn't look good for him, My thought s and prayers are with all involved

Gene_S

Here is some pictures of the swap meet...

My Pile of parts...

MentoneSwapMeet2010005.jpg

Scotts (whfan74) pile of parts...

MentoneSwapMeet2010008.jpg

Jim's (Jim_M) pile of parts... Thanks for taking that shed Jim!!!

MentoneSwapMeet2010007.jpg

Kelly's pile of parts...

MentoneSwapMeet2010016.jpg

Food vendor trailer. Ken (fabricator2009) getting some good food!!! :omg:

MentoneSwapMeet2010010.jpg

My wife Sara on the left and Ken's (fabricator2009) wife Connie on the right...

MentoneSwapMeet2010011.jpg

Ken's (chevelletown) daughter cruising around with Muffin and Maggie...

MentoneSwapMeet2010018.jpg

Joe Papke's parts...

MentoneSwapMeet2010002.jpg

There was a great turn out like Ken said... Ken, Sara and I had a great time and were glad to help!

Jim_M

Good to see all you guys again. I had a good day, came with a truck load of stuff and left with a truckload of different stuff. :omg:

I hope John, Steve and their friend are ok. I left before them so I didn't know anything about it until now.

wheel-mule

Had a good day.Good to see everyone again after the winter.Got home and did not unload any thing.All still in the truck and trailer.

Chuck McColley

Wabash,IN.

refracman

Just got in and Thanks for all the thoughts guys.

Had a good day till that guy pulled out in front of me!. And it was good to see the usual suspects and meet some new ones.

John is banged up some (knees) and Mike who was in the back seat is OK as am myself. The other driver had to have some stiches but his passenger who was NOT wearing his seatbelt had to lifeflighted to FT Wayne with severe head injuries, everyone else had theres on.

I hope he fairs well.

Jim_M

I'm glad everybody is ok. Time for a new truck now?

wingrider

I think it was a great turn out with a lot of goodies for sale today, enjoyed talking to everyone there. When I got home drove right into the garage shut truck off, came into the house and crashed I was poooped.

Thinks whfan for bringing the snow cab and helping me get it stuffed into my truck, and did buy more than I figured on but just couldn't pass up all the great deals that were there. All in all a really great day.

Looking forward to the fall show.

Thanks all wingrider:

Rollerman

Really looks like a great turnout for the Mentone spring swap!

I wish I could have attended, but it was my parents 50th anniversary party today & I was drafted.

I'll be planning on the fall show/swap.

Nick

Steve, Somehow I missed the accident info posted last night. Hope your all still feeling ok today.

rickv1957

Looks like you all had a great time,like to have made it!,Rick

refracman

Nick at least I am. Have not talked to John or Mike yet.

I forgot to thanks Ed from Rochester and the guys at the show. They unloaded Ed's trailer. Then he and his boy came to the crash site emptied my truck with John and Mike, came to hospital picked me up, then back to his house to change vehicales and then took us home. For him all told 8 hrs and 350 miles. I can not thank him enough!

Operator

Hope you all are ok! :omg:

The show looks great, a little cool temperature wise?

Been windy and cool over this way, Wisconsin.

Randy

rmaynard

Here is some pictures of the swap meet...

There was a great turn out like Ken said... Ken, Sara and I had a great time and were glad to help!

Great pictures Gene. Thanks for posting them.

Bob

Brrly1

Hey Guys, We had a great time yesterday until we headed home then some guy thought he was faster than the truck Steve was driving and bolted out in front of us and basically froze. It was like he looked up and seen us coming and stopped. Steve went towards the right but he didn't move or at least not enough, we hit him like a T-bone and at that point the car seemed to speed up and take off across the median down an embankment thru a grassy area across a parking lot and stopped at the Tractor Supply store in Wabash, Ind. after running thru some lawn carts. Oh, did I mention that he actually stopped or crashed into the store. I have posted a couple pictures of the store and where he came across the median. I haven't figured out the stuff of getting the pictures off of my cell but I have a couple of the truck and what is left of the car. I am just hoping that the passenger in the car is ok because he wasn't wearing his seat belt and like Steve had said was lifeflighted to Ft.Wayne. Just a little stiff and sore. As I was typing this I had a thought of I caught a bunch of crap for sleeping on the way down to the show. (I had just gotten home from Florida the night before and was kind of wore out, after driving down last Saturday and Sunday working three days and turning around and driving home) I was actually going to ride in the back where Mike was riding but I didn't. I figured I would have fallen asleep or would have gotten comfortable in the back. Had I done that I probably would have got taken out by a cart that Steve had brought down to the show to sell. It came thru the back window and missed Mike by about a foot or so. The only thing that kept that cart from coming all the way thru was a set of rear gas that Steve had bought at the show. WoW, what a day! The show was a good show for sure and each year it seems to grow just a little bit more each time. I am already looking forward to the fall show! Steve next time I think we will follow the gps route home instead of doing our own thing but, that a whole other story. See Ya, Bye Burly :D

:omg:

DSC03722.jpg

DSC03726.jpg

stevasaurus

Glad to hear everyone is OK :omg:

bell

Glad everyone is okay! Sounds like a good time! I'm going to try to make it there next year.

wheel horse 1045

Nick at least I am. Have not talked to John or Mike yet.

I forgot to thanks Ed from Rochester and the guys at the show. They unloaded Ed's trailer. Then he and his boy came to the crash site emptied my truck with John and Mike, came to hospital picked me up, then back to his house to change vehicales and then took us home. For him all told 8 hrs and 350 miles. I can not thank him enough!

now thats a true friend :omg:

whfan74

I am really glad you guys are ok. I talked to John after the incident and you could tell he was a little shaken but doing ok. I am glad all of you made it home safely.

Here is a report from one of the South Bend t.v. stations..........

http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/91428149.html

Here is something from the Fort Wayne paper......shows a picture of the car rested up against the Warsaw TSC building.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/2010...9925/1002/LOCAL

Thankfully you guys are ok......... :omg:

Gerry w

Glad to hear that you are all okay, after those pics I am amazed that folks walked away from that at all.

Gene_S

Glad to hear the three of you are ok...

Thanks for the links Scott... You rock!

Steve you can not ask for a better guy then Ed Powell!

Brrly1

Gene, Scott, you guys are a 100% correct. I met Ed here about 4 to 5 years ago at the Constantine show that Joe Papke used to put on. We hooked up, had a few different dealings, and have been real good friends ever since. We probably talk about two to three times a week if not more. Ed Powell does Rock! There's no doubt in my mind! See Ya, Bye Burly :D

:omg:

mavfreak

wow god was on your side that day. Good to know all are ok.