Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

My First Loader Machine I hauled today!!

Wheelbearing

Good find Steve,

I love finding those deals. The ride home is the best, Its like you just robbed a bank.

MaineDad

Nice D Steve - Bet you can push back some snow banks with that beast!!

stevebo

Here are more pics of the tractor. I started another post showing the issues with the transaxle.

backhoodup.jpg

frontshot.jpg

backshot-2.jpg

motor-1.jpg

I am looking for a transaxle case...

Iggy68

That thing looks like a clydesdale compared to the other horses in the shop. NICE MACHINE :banghead: :thumbs:

KeithB

nice loader

Operator

That thing looks like a clydesdale compared to the other horses in the shop. NICE MACHINE :banghead::thumbs:

Ditto!! They are rather LARGE aren't they?

Randy

Sparky

Sure hope that bucket doesnt drop Steve or it'll be curtains for the little round hoods :thumbs: .

Mike........

stevebo

Sparky,

Since I do not know how that loader will hold I put a steel shaft under to keep it up :thumbs:

Ken B

Steve is the weight box a factory attachment? Just wondeing what they attached it to to support all the weight.

stevebo

Ken, to my knowledge it is a factory weight box. It has a very beefy frame system that attaches to several points on the tractor. It needs to come off so i can remove the rear end and tear it apart... want to help?? :thumbs:

Ken B

I stopped by today but you were in the shower :thumbs:

stevebo

Okay, that makes sense.. My daughter told me that someone came over and she told you I was in the shower. She was not sure who it was but said she kinda remembers you. I woke up, did some work then pressure washed the tractor then went in and showered.

WHC-125

Sure hope that bucket doesnt drop Steve or it'll be curtains for the little round hoods :banghead: .

Mike........

I was thinking about this as well too. Thank god you put that steel shaft under it! :thumbs:

truckin88

what are the hours on it?

stevebo

There is no hour meter that I can see. I plan on taking the rear end out of this one towards the end of the week. It looks like a bit of work !!

WHC-125

Steve, do you need a helping "hand"? :thumbs:

pfrederi

I will bet the seller never mentioned the broken tranny case...kind of hard for the fellow to have not noticed the empty rear end and big puddle.

The D's are harder to work on than the Cs..getting the rear end out will be alot more work than on a C...it will keep you occupied and off the streets :thumbs:

truckin88

I will bet the seller never mentioned the broken tranny case...kind of hard for the fellow to have not noticed the empty rear end and big puddle.

The D's are harder to work on than the Cs..getting the rear end out will be alot more work than on a C...it will keep you occupied and off the streets :thumbs:

some sellers are not mechanically smart...so he might not have known, even if steve has to replace the rear I can tell you he is still ahead, due to the deal he got. Which really goes to show, we love these machines, but never know what they will need, so you need to get the best deal possible.

pfrederi

some sellers are not mechanically smart...so he might not have known,

and some sellers are just plain dishonest....

stevebo

the seller did not mislead me on this one. i paid 500.00 for the tractor with loader and weight box :thumbs:

WHC-125

the seller did not mislead me on this one. i paid 500.00 for the tractor with loader and weight box :WRS:

You lucky BA$TARD!!! Now someone else in CT stepped in $HIT. :thumbs: When is it my turn :banghead:

defed

geez, my loader cost $600 by itself (which i thought was still a pretty good price), and i still have to make a subframe for it! it is technically a D-250 loader so the existing subframe won't work.

rockbuilt

nice haul :thumbs: oh I am looking for a loader for a D250 and was wondering if that one is the same than dfred answered my question

rockbuilt

sorry defed :thumbs:

fireman

Like I told Steve. The loader alone was worth more than $500. I paid $700 for my loader without the subframe. That cost me another $300 for a Kwik-way NOS(which was a steal in itself, Thanks Greg). Then making a Brantly Loader fit a Kwik-Way subframe was another $200 for metal and welding. Add $300 more for the hydraulic pump and all new hoses/fittings and i'm into it for $1500.

Even if he has to spend $500-$800 more fixing the axle and anything else, he is still way ahead of the game! We all need to step in it once in awhile :thumbs: