stevebo

Video Explanation of 3 Point Hitch

stevebo

So .. that is the official name for our hitches-TomBo. I have to thank Terry for helping with the logo. Fireman came over yesterday and filmed this for us-thanks Jeff !! My naration is not the best however you will get the idea. Enjoy..

th_3Point.jpg

catman81056

Nice setup Steve. While watching the vid I couldn't help thinking about the movie with Robby the robot (Forbidden Planet?) The sound made when you lowered and raised the hitch (while looking at the rear) sounded like the weird music in the film.

Again, a nice piece of equipment :notworthy:

fireman

The video doesn't do it justice. I had to compress the data in order to make the file small enough so the people who are still on dial-up could see it. The original file is over 350MB but it is compressed to 50MB so it can be streamed. Also remember that the 3 point in the video is the original prototype. Alot of the hardware and parts are worn from taking it apart and modifying it so many times. The current production ones will be nice and tight. Some of the bolts will be replaced with clevis pins so removal will be a cinch. A few weeks ago both Steve and I stood on the hitch and it lifted us both up to its max travel without a problem.

Note:

(This also will depend on the state of your hydraulic system. If you have leaks or your pump is worn or weak it may not lift as much, or have as much down pressure as others. The tractor the 3 point was mounted on at the time it lifted us just had it's pump rebuilt and was working great.)

Now lets see if I can get a dicount on one for my time and effort :notworthy:

rickv1957

That is a nice setup!,Steve is there a chistmas discount or is it the day after?,Rick

Rollerman

Jeff & Steve thanks for the video, makes a lot more sense now how it works.

It really does look slick! :notworthy:

Just curious...I see on the ends of the 3PH arms they have a loop.

Is this unique to the proto type & or will the production arms have the 5/8" ball swivels?

fireman

That`s the way the production units will be. It`s done that way to keep the cost down. The cost of the ball swivels is rediculous. Not sure if they will offer it as an option.

Nick

The video does help show how it all works. And very nice work on the video itself. :notworthy:

If it helps any a Tisco dealer sold cat 0 weld on ball ends for around $4 last year, might be one in their area. The ball sockets are also listed online from Valu-bilt and John Day

Horse Fanatic

Nice! I don't have a use for any catagory 0 implements but I'd still like to have one for the coolness factor!

Coadster32

Nice! I don't have a use for any catagory 0 implements but I'd still like to have one for the coolness factor!

The Good Lord only knows what you would come up with if you had one laying around your house. :notworthy:

BEN LORUSSO

whoops wrong thread

Edited by BEN LORUSSO
  • Like 1