gwgdog66

Thanks Guys,

Terry,

Yep thats off the 10. As soon as my new one gets here I will get it to you and Garry. I needed to keep things from getting dropped in the carb.

Glad you got it running! When will you need the 8 Speed? Tomorrow I plan on putting a new belt on the C-100 and running it a while to Make sure it runs smooth through all the gears. Provided it's not too cold :notworthy:

Gary

tgranthamfd

Thanks Guys,

Terry,

Yep thats off the 10. As soon as my new one gets here I will get it to you and Garry. I needed to keep things from getting dropped in the carb.

It's ok Steven, we haven't got the tranny off of the C-100 yet, either. Been to darned cold outside. Did put a little fluid in it, had none on the dipstick, drove it around the yard, and tubed the front tire. Will get on that trany soon unless you need it sooner. Haven't got a chance to fire up my tank yet either.

tgranthamfd

I think Gary is on my other computer. :notworthy:

Prater

No hurry on the tranny guys. Play around with it for a while. I have to go to North Carolina next week. Leaving Saturday and geting back the following Friday. then holidays at home then back to North Carolina. Not gonna have much time to play before christmas.

Hey, either of you have a hookup for flexible gas line? I have an old natural gas radiated heater in my garage but no gas line ran yet...Gotta get my workshop warm also.

Prater

Had a little time to work on the D today. I was going to change the fluids when i noticed that the bottom of the trans had been welded up. One hub has also been welded. Instead of a full change of fluid I added 2 1/2 quarts to hit the full mark. She moved forward and reverse after that. I also checked the PTO, bearings are all good. The clutch brake was jamed against the side of the pto. It should work fine now. Still have to finish the wiring and see if I can take her through the yard tomorrow.

d180man

Hi was talking to rick sorry to hear about the trans ! but it good that it worked after putting the oil init ! :notworthy: it is still a nice trator if you have too you can get the 2 haves to fix the tranny! we have one that is the same way and the will lose oil ! but good luck on the wiring! :thumbs:

curtis :WRS:

rickv1957

Good for you Steven,shes, :notworthy: going,Rick

Indy w h

Thats one good looking machine!!!

Indy

Prater

Stepped out to the garage and checked for leaks. No fluids on the ground yet...

rickv1957

Steve,thats a good sign!!,Rick

d180man

Stepped out to the garage and checked for leaks. No fluids on the ground yet...

Hi yes that is good !! :thumbs::notworthy: :WRS:

Prater

I took her out for a short test run. Forward and backwards are pretty slow. It just may be adjustmnets but how fast should the tractor move? it was like being in low 1 on my 416-8. The 3 point moves up and down now, also a bit slower than I expected. I need to tune the engine. Probably a good plug change and getting the coil situation wrangled.

d180man

Hi they are not real fast ! if you look on youtube there is some videos of d on there and you can see alittle on how fast they are her is one of our videos it is not great but some of the others videos will come up too ! good luck on it !

:notworthy: :thumbs:

Prater

Mine only runs about half the speed of the one in your video. also I have to keep my hand on the hydro lever it wont stay in one position.

rickv1957

Steven,hydro lever tension is adjustable thru hole on right side below hydro lever,Rick

Prater

Rick,

What should I troubleshoot since the speed is not there. Could the pump be worn or maybe the linkage need adjusting?

rickv1957

If tractor goes faster downhill than up hill it is possibly pump and or drive motor,Rick

Prater

Are the pumps rebuildable?

rickv1957

Steve,pumps are rebuildable if the parts can be found and it is expensive,just guessing 600.00 to 1200.00 or so,Rick

d180man

Hi i have a phone # here some where they do that but the last time i called it was around $800.00 around 2 years ago! :notworthy: if you like it just let me know!

curtis

Prater

Ok, I have her in the air. I was able to improve the steering just by tightening the loose bolts on the pivot pin and bell crank.

My question now is should I be able to spin the rear wheels with the Hydro lever in the forward or backward position? I can easily spin the wheels in any position just like it was in neutral. If that should not happen what should I test next? I also had to add another 1/2 quart of oil to the tranny. I forgot to check it after driving around the other day.

rickv1957

Steve,when you spin the left tire does the right tire spin the opposite direction? if so the pinion gears are working,with tractor on ground can you push it with the tow valve closed?,Rick

Prater

Rick, they spin oposite of each other. I have not tried to push it on the ground. I did check the filter and it is a TORO replacement transmision filter from DANA.

IMG_1739.jpg

Prater

Here is the video of me spinning the rear with the hydro in forward. The other wheel is spinning in the oposite direction but I did not get it on video.

rickv1957

steve,With tractor up that is what it is suppose to do,means the pinion gears are good,speed,responce,and pulling power are pump related,alot of time with a rearend break,metal particals go thru pump and motor and eat away as oil is filtered in return to trans only not before pump pickup,Rick