Sign in to follow this  
daemon2525

1056/1057

daemon2525

Just pictures of my progess. The resolution is not good. I'll work on that later.

WH1.jpg

WH2.jpg

WH3.jpg

WH4.jpg

CAT1.jpg

rickv1957

Very nice tractors,my 1077 has the same headlights as your 1057! Rick :notworthy:

TT

I'm diggin' the 1056, Larry! :thumbs:

I know there has to be a few of them out there, but not too many have surfaced on here so far.

The front hitch looks great....... and ain't those long skinny hoods the coolest thing? :notworthy::WRS:

gardengoat41909005.jpg

jla1257

The headlights, are they a Wheel Horse item or did you rig them up yourself?

Gene_S

Nice looking tractor's there Larry!!!

Gene

whfan74

I love that line up Larry! Those are some cool looking tractors!

Save Old Iron

:notworthy: :thumbs:

daemon2525

Yeah TT, I want another model of WH but I'm not sure that I would be happy with it because I am addicted to the long "REAL TRACTOR" look from the drivers seat!

The headlights are just round driving lights from the auto parts store. They were black originaly and I took them apart and painted the back part red.

I have the newer front attach-matic on both of them. I like to use the new style decks.

Props to TT and his step by step on the front hitch .

Larry

bell

Nice looking lineup! I also love that long narrow hood and narrow rear fender pan... I'm going to pick up a 1056 on Monday... :notworthy:

sawhorse

I've got a B-115 but it is automatic drive. Is that a 1982 model like mine?

TJ

Nice tractors, but I think I ran over the cat. :notworthy:

bork

Boy , You got me fired up to go out & start shaken up a rattle can & start sprayin. Those look nice! My 1057 doesn't have the sheet metal from fender to foot rest. Is that optional or is mine missing those pieces?

wheel horse 1045

Boy , You got me fired up to go out & start shaken up a rattle can & start sprayin. Those look nice! My 1057 doesn't have the sheet metal from fender to foot rest. Is that optional or is mine missing those pieces?

there missing

Ken B

Your tractors look great. Once upon a time I had a 1056. It was my first Wheel Horse, in fact it was the very tractor that convinced me that Wheel Horses are better than Cub Cadets! Sure wish I could have it back. I usually remember where every tractor I've sold or traded went to but for the life of me I can't remember where my 1056 went. Here horsey horsey.

TT

My 1057 doesn't have the sheet metal from fender to foot rest. Is that optional or is mine missing those pieces?

Due to new OPE safety regulations, the full-length footrests were made mandatory in 1968, along with the "full coverage" (wider) rear fenders.

The 953/1054 models were the only ones to have them prior to 1968, and a few 1968 models (Commando 6 & 8, 500 Special, etc.) slipped through without the footrests.

The 1057/1257 originally had the stirrup footrests just like the 1056.

daemon2525

I am sure that the full length footrests are not correct for the 1057, however that is the way that I got the tractor. I chose to leave it that way because I knda like it and it is safer for my wife and others to drive the tractor.

stevasaurus

It is a nice look, isn't it? Nice work on the tractors Larry. :notworthy:

bork

thanks TT. Also the head light idea is really neat . I gotta do this also. What wattage is in each bulb? halogen?

daemon2525

I believe that the headlights are 55 watt halogen. They are VERY bright. Almost like car headlights.

I know that I got them at Advance Auto as Driving lights.

can whlvr

niceone day. old girls,i will get me a machine of this era

rustynut

hey yall i just found out that i have a 1056

TT

hey yall i just found out that i have a 1056

No...... you might have a 1046.

smokin joe

i also have a pair of 1056"s.

daemon2525

TT... Ya don't think that it is a 1056? I was chattin with rusty and got him to notice the nine head bolts and seven slot hood. It was the best that I had.

TT

TT... Ya don't think that it is a 1056? I was chattin with rusty and got him to notice the nine head bolts and seven slot hood. It was the best that I had.

The engine on his is a small oil pan version (K-XX1 AS) mounted to the frame with a riser plate, Larry.

The only production tractor to have that is the 1046.

If his has been tampered with (perhaps a CC engine on a Tecumseh riser plate) then it might be a 1056.

I ruled out 1057/1257 just because it doesn't look like it has the longer rear axles - but it could have also had a tranz swap. B)

Unless the tag is there and states otherwise, I'm going to stick with 1046.