Sign in to follow this  
Wilsonrl48747

Snow blade parts

Wilsonrl48747

I have a snowblade for my C120, but it did not come with the whole bracket that attaches to the rear axle. Looking at the parts master diagram, it says I need the top plate, and an L shaped spacer. My question is do I need this spacer? I can fab the top plates and pick up a carriage bolt and nut at the hardware store for a few bucks. If I order the plate, spacer, bolts and nuts its going to be about $70. I took a picture of what I have.

Thanks

Attached Image

post-4-1253399956.jpg

sawhorse

My rear tach-a-matic did not come with a spacer. It did come with a top plate - an

item that (like you said) could be easily fabricated.

Perhaps the "l-shaped spacer" is a piece of angle iron used as a top plate

on the left side of the tractor for attachment of a spring to assist lifting a rototiller.

I read somewhere here about a clip that keeps the tach-a matic locked over the bar.

I couldn't figure out where that clip would go so I zip-tied the tach-a-matic locking

cam onto the bar. It hasn't popped out yet so I guess it works.

bitten

Rob:

You can get the bracket off of E-Bay, they usally arent to bad of a price.

Jon:

The "clip" is just a cotter pin going thru two holes, one on the cam and the other one is on the angle plat.

sawhorse

I couldn't find the hole for the cotter pin to secure the cams. I'll take another look.

wheel horse 1045

you can fab the parts you are refering to and you dont need the L shaped spacer

rick

The only reason I can see for the spacer is that it makes the hitch fit snug fore & aft. Being somewhat anal, I procured and used the spacers.....also, on my rear hitch, the release levers are secured by cute little clevis pins and hairpin clips.

Nick

Dont think I have ever even seen that L shaped spacer on a hitch.

Kelly

Out of the dozens of axle hitches I have, I only have one that had the L spacers, some use a long piece of angle iron with a hole near the back on the left side in place of the top plate, to hook a spring to for a tiller, and only about 1/3 of my hitches have the hole to pin the lever in place, but it would not be hard to drill to except a pin, and if you plan to use a tiller I highly recomend it, I've had the tiller drop out a couple of times.