Sign in to follow this  
arnoldziffle

CG8 ELECTRIC

arnoldziffle

im looking for any information i can getone this tractor she is in great shape but you never know what could happen and i would like to be able to get parts for her any help would be great thanks

• Like 1

MikesRJ

:scratchead:

Here's what I can tell you;

Only manufactured for two years. There was one version manufactured in 1971 (1-0200) and three versions manufactured in 1972 (1-0200, 1-0201, and 1-7752)

Model Number: 1-0200, manufactured in 1971 and is a Lawn & Garden Tractor named CG-8,Automatic. Came with a Tecumseh VH80-148001 engine rated at 8 HH. The transmission was an Eaton model 6.

Model Number: 1-0200, manufactured in 1972 and is a Lawn & Garden Tractor named CG-8 Automatic transmission. Came with a Tecumseh VH80-148001 engine rated at 8 HH. The transmission was an Eaton model 6.

The other two 1972 models are depicted below in short form:

1-0201 1972 Lawn & Garden Tractor CG-8 Automatic Tecumseh VH80-148001 8 Eaton 6

1-7752 1972 Lawn & Garden Tractor CG-8 Automatic Tecumseh V80-13680 8 Eaton 6

Manuals can be had at the toro website : Toro Manual Search

You can search on 1-0200, 1-0201, and 1-7752 respectively. Check your machine serial/model plate for one of those numbers.

arnoldziffle

thanks guys i try to get some pics of her later

donkeydale

Is there a releif valve on the hydro so it can be pushed around? I can't seem to find one and the wheels won't turn.

wh500special

The little vert hydro's don't push very easily. On the transmission tunnel/console area on the left side is a little hydro release lever that de-tensions the belt when pushed down all the way. Push it down and latch it. The tractor will be about 0.5% easier to push.

The cg's aren't very common, but they're also not very popular among collectors. They were the slightly revised version of the V7 and V8 line. For a vertical shaft tractor, they were surprisingly heavy duty. And, the Tecumseh engines in this series were far superior to the kohlers that were initially used.

If it's in good shape, go for it. But economize as much as you can since the demand for these types isn't terribly high.

Steve

donkeydale

Thanks for the Info Steve. It was a free-bee so guess I can't go wrong.