peter lena

mercedes W123 WAGON ,

peter lena

just down at my friends shop for a tire refresh , general  GMAX tires , while there   a mercedes 123 turbo diesel  wagon , over 40 years old , 70 k miles on it ! original owner , no rust / rot , just a bushing on the CONSOL  shifter !  first thing I said was what a car to , oil soak ! preserve what's there , lives in a  dry  garage , said like a freight train , solid strong  bombproof , without question , one of the most durable cars ever built  , worldwide , great to see a strong survivor , would still personally get oil lube in every body cravase , to  enhance it , easy too , pete 

• Like 1

formariz

The Mercedes 123 and 126 are the most durable cars ever made specially if they have the legendary 5 cylinder engine. I owned a 126 which I sold with over 700,000 miles and I still see it occasionally on the road. By no means it is a fluke. I know of at least 8 of them in my area within that mileage range. An absolute tank. Still today when I stop at a light next to one I roll down the window to listen to it and ask owner how many miles on it. The sound of the 5 cylinder engine is unmistakable and an absolute pleasure to listen to. Today’s Mercedes which I also owned a couple have absolutely nothing to do with those from that time. In my opinion not even deserving of the name. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Achto
8 hours ago, peter lena said:

while there   a mercedes 123 turbo diesel  wagon , over 40 years old

Ummm, no pictures???? :angry-tappingfoot:

• Like 1

peter lena

@Achto  https://silodrome.com/mercedes-benz-300td-w123/  no pictures  but dark blue , outside , brown leather inside , 70 thousand original miles , solid no rust / rot , small shop done foreign cars for over 40 years .  shops like this are all but gone , dread  going to a place where  they just don, t care . pete