T-Mo

Don Knotts, Dodge Trucks, and .....

T-Mo

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

oliver2-44

He never would have went off the cliff if he had been riding a TOUGH Wheel Horse!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

midpack

Is that a commercial???

WTH?

• Confused 1

c-series don

I actually met Don Knotts on more than one occasion back in the mid eighties. My friends dad was the caretaker and pilot for the owner of a small private island nearby here. The owner of the island was friends with Don and he was there on several occasions when I was there with the caretakers sons. As I remember he was a very nice guy. The funny thing was that where I grew up it actually was a bit like Mayberry and a touch of the movie On Golden Pond!! Although I wasn’t old enough to drive a car, (there was a one lane bridge to access it) I could go to this little island by taking my 15’ boat there. I miss those days….. 

• Like 4

EB-80/8inPA

Well, it’s not every day one sees anything quite like that.

• Like 3

Beap52

What caught my attention was the diesel was smokeless.  If I remember, the diesels back in those days usually had the side of the trailers blackened behind the exhaust. 

I was at a circle track race several years ago.  I fellow, who looked rather out of place in his nice shirt and slacks, sat nearby.  We talked some and he had done some acting with Don Knotts.  He said Don was a nice guy, somewhat of a ladies man and actually rather shy.  

• Like 1

953 nut

I bought a used 1965 D-100 Dodge in 1976 while I was building my house. The odometer showed about 20K so I figured it was probably 120K. the slant six ran great and would haul quite a load. One day a fellow was looking at the truck in a parking lot when I came out of the store. Turns out he had driven the truck for a previous owner and told me it had over 400K on it. In 1987 I traded it in on a new Dakota, by then it had a bit over 500K on it, never had a bit of trouble with it.

• Excellent 1