Marv

cob webs / spiders

Marv

I get a lot of "cob webs" in my garage shop and sheds. I clear them and a couple days they are back. Must be spiders creating these things. I am looking for a way to eliminate this problem. Suggestions please.

Marv

• Like 2

ebinmaine

A. Sticky patches will catch spiders and a lot of other things. 

B.  Use great caution eliminating arachnids lest ye be saddled with what they were eating.  

• Like 5

ri702bill
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Use great caution eliminating arachnids lest ye be saddled with what they were eating.  

Yup - you may not want to know!!

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

Spiders definitely help with other bugs...

They also provide free halloween decorations!!! :scared-eek:

• Haha 5

peter lena

@Marv  experimented this summer  glass cleaner , and wasps / hornets , very effective  because it breaks down their exoskeleton , literally  fall out of flight to ground / dead . was intrigued with the lack of poison aspect , eliminated them from grill areas , window frames ,  regular Walmart  glass cleaner , pump bottle , be easy to try . pete 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

adsm08
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

B.  Use great caution eliminating arachnids lest ye be saddled with what they were eating.  

This.

I leave spiders alone because they bother me a lot less than their food does.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@adsm08   brown RECLUSE SPIDERS  . are vey fast , and poisonous ,when hit with any effective chemical , the effect to them is obvious. immediate  leg retraction , and trying to get away . any lubrication film , will do them in . cool overnight temps , have them looking for a safe spot . pete

• Like 1

adsm08
11 hours ago, peter lena said:

@adsm08   brown RECLUSE SPIDERS  . are vey fast , and poisonous ,when hit with any effective chemical , the effect to them is obvious. immediate  leg retraction , and trying to get away . any lubrication film , will do them in . cool overnight temps , have them looking for a safe spot . pete

They are all that and not generally in my part of the country.

peter lena

@adsm08  those recluse spiders are also , VERY FAST ,  carb cleaner , extension tube , pete

kpinnc
On 10/16/2024 at 3:37 PM, ebinmaine said:

Agreed! I get tired of the webs, but they definitely keep other bugs out of my garage. 

kpinnc
On 10/16/2024 at 6:10 PM, peter lena said:

experimented this summer  glass cleaner , and wasps / hornets , very effective  because it breaks down their exoskeleton , literally  fall out of flight to ground / dead . was intrigued with the lack of poison aspect , eliminated them from grill areas , window frames ,  regular Walmart  glass cleaner , pump bottle , be easy to try . pete 

Hey Pete- just regular 50/50 Dawn dish soap and water does the same thing. I usually load up a 1 gal pump stain sprayer and go hunting around the house in spring. Amazing how fast it knocks them down. Just as quick as wasp spray without the oily residue.