Keaton

springfeild 25 tractor

Keaton

this is the last fourm I got to go Tom I have been going fourm to fourm trying to figure this tractor out its a 1964 model 64a and it keeps throwing the belt and the clutch won't work I have a 63 manual but its not right, I cant figure it out, I have a 31 and 32 inch belt and neither work, I'll add a few pictures because I got it back together. it dosent make sense. it looks neat at least 

IMG_5586.jpg

IMG_5585.jpg

IMG_5588.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

stevasaurus

Do you have a few pictures of the underside that might help??  Might there be a tension pulley that is missing??  Maybe a couple of pictures of that 63 Manual (even though it is not correct) it might give us some ideas.

Does it have a mower deck??  :confusion-confused:  Cute little guy !!

Have you tried MTF (My Tractor Forum) ??

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

953 nut

Sometimes an extra idler pulley or two are used, Sorta like this little drawing.   Are they all in place?

springfierld.jpg.334ca2c7c06118db9cbe469ca65faadc.jpg

Pullstart

Are any idler arms bent?  Pulleys not aligned on the same plane?

Keaton

thanks all sorry I have not checked. I have posted on 8 other forms and I think I found a guy with one and he said he's out of town and I think my clutch pulley is not tight and I cant hold it with a wrench uf u had my belt right I'll do that next 

953 nut

Is that a fabric covered belt? the belt may be too gripey to slip when clutched. 

peter lena

@Keaton  pulley reference and  related linkage , done a lot of related  belt drive detailing , usually undersized bearings and  wrong bearing lubricant ,  linkages rusty binding  in any way , entire intended movement set up .  realise this is not a working tractor  in any sense , but the basics still apply . went from binding / squealing , erratic operation to solid / smooth , make the rust run out , pete  

stevasaurus

It's hard to tell, but if that idler pulley is a flat pulley then the top side of the belt should be riding on it, and the drive pulley should be a "V" pulley with the belt running in it.  That should get the twists out of the belt.  What do you think ??  Maybe put a trouble light uunder the chassie.  :confusion-confused:

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

Can't see clearly...

Keaton

@953 nut I believe it works but its too small I put a inch bigger belt on and it worked with the clutch but slipped a ton. I think the plate on the break/clutch is on wrong I disassembled everything and I think that's a minor things that's wrong

@peter lena it is all free that original idler pulley still spins great it suprised me , the arm that the idler Is on is a bit lose. I fixed that 

@stevasaurus that pulley I just noticed is at a decent angle, I don't know angles its brobally a 25 degree at least

I was driving it with a 61 Inch belt it slipped a ton though if it has its origonal tecumpesh I bet the gas tank is not in the way, thanks all for the help I'll let you know if I get it