Sparky

Shed arrived!

ri702bill

Poor little guy looks lonely...

Nice to see plywood construction instead of strandboard or some other "mystery material". Barn Doors opening outward instead of rollup doors give more storage space. - unless you get a foot or more snow and can't get in. Access ramps fixed or removable???

IMG_5902.jpeg

Edited by ri702bill
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

When is your wife going to claim it as the "She Shed" ?

• Haha 6

ri702bill
Just now, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Probably not if the other tractors show up in there first....

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Nice!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oliver2-44

Very Nice,

Any plans for electrical or interior insulation/finish out.

• Like 2

Sparky
57 minutes ago, ri702bill said:

Barn Doors opening outward instead of rollup doors give more storage space. - unless you get a foot or more snow and can't get in. Access ramps fixed or removable???

IMG_5902.jpeg

Ramps are attached…but I’m still capable of operating a shovel if need be.

My plow tractor will be poised in the third bay of my garage ready to take on any snow so in theory I won’t need to dig a machine outa the shed.

• Like 5

Sparky
13 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

Very Nice,

Any plans for electrical or interior insulation/finish out.

Insulation no….but once the zoning inspection happens I’ll be trenching and installing power/lights.
  All my tractor wrenching happens in the garage so this isnt a workshop.

• Like 6

squonk

I would put something down on the floor to keep from leaving stains if you get a leaker or park a Harley in there. @rjg854 has a rug/carpet down in his shed and makes it pretty nice. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Niiiiice!!

My mom still has leftover carpet and vinyl from the business. If you're interested I'll what she has.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wallfish
2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Insulation no….but once the zoning inspection happens I’ll be trenching and installing power/lights.
  All my tractor wrenching happens in the garage so this isnt a workshop.

I know someone with a trencher! :D

• Haha 2

rjg854

Very nice shed.  :text-bravo:

A great update from the tent type you had before.

• Thanks 1

ri702bill
2 hours ago, squonk said:

from leaving stains if you get a leaker or park a Harley in there

I worked with a very volatile personality guy back in the 1980's. He was exceptionally proud of his new H-D. Someone (me!) had to drain a gearbox earlier that day and dispose of the oil. Seems that someone dribbled a bit on the trans side cover that left a puddle on the ground below the bike. We would sometimes eat lunch out at the loading dock - the bike owner "Vinnie" always did.... So I asked him "Yo, Vinnie... I thought you said you bike did not leak?" He saw the puddle & went nuts....I went out after he went in to make the Service appointment with the H-D Dealer and cleaned it all up.... What Leak???:scared-eek:

Edited by ri702bill
  • Haha 3

squonk
27 minutes ago, ri702bill said:

I worked with a very volatile personality guy back in the 1980's. He was exceptionally proud of his new H-D. Someone (me!) had to drain a gearbox earlier that day and dispose of the oil. Seems that someone dribbled a bit on the trans side cover that left a puddle on the ground below the bike. We would sometimes eat lunch out at the loading dock - the bike owner "Vinnie" always did.... So I asked him "Yo, Vinnie... I thought you said you bike did not leak?" He saw the puddle & went nuts....I went out after he went in to make the Service appointment with the H-D Dealer and cleaned it all up.... What Leak???:scared-eek:

Not to hi jack the shed thread but I worked at a Chevy dealership in 1980. Our warranty clerk bought a brand new Citation. It developed a transmission leak and he took it to our "sister " dealership 8 miles away because he said they had better mechanics. He got it back and one of the guys went out before lunch and poured about a pint of transmission fluid under the car. :lol:

• Haha 8

Sparky
1 hour ago, rjg854 said:

Very nice shed.  :text-bravo:

A great update from the tent type you had before.

Actually that 12x20 tent style shed is still up and will hold a couple tractors, mower decks etc…

• Like 2

Terry M

Very Nice!!!!👍 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

kpinnc
On 10/3/2024 at 2:25 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Sparky Just spill a little gas on the floor. The ladies tend to avoid any structure that has that smell. 

…Unless she likes working in tractors. :)

• Haha 1

Brockport Bill

looking great -- enjoy it -- but that one tractor looks lonely  - needs some brothers and sisters -------- We built our shed ourselves 25 yrs ago -- 12x24  - starting with concrete slap, then we pre-built trusses on the ground using gussetts  -- but after 25 yrs the Texture-111 siding was looking old so vinyl siding added - great for the tractors plus the loft storage for misc

wh shed plows and mowers.jpg

shed sided.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5
  • Thanks 1

Sailman

Depending on your electric needs here is an option I used. My tractor shed is a long way from the house and I didn't want to trench and cable since I do all the serious work in the garage. Bought a "kit" from Harbor freight with solar panels, controller and light bulb for just a couple hundred $$. Added a deep cycle battery and now I have light when needed in the shed and also use it to trickle charge the tractors and motorcycle. Just rotate it around as needed. Been very pleased with the set up for my needs. Just another option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Jeepers cats  Bill some of those decks look NOS! :handgestures-thumbupright:

On 10/3/2024 at 1:53 PM, Sparky said:

installing power/lights.

Plenty of outlets for battery tenders.

Coach lights add curb appeal. The Mrs swaps out different colored bulbs depending on the season. I have them on a timer/photo eye combo.

Another suggestion is a ladder to the loft area which usually collects junk you prolly  should have gotten rid of. Some of her crap too. 

Other wise a ladder needs to kept out there for those once a year trips up there to look at @Pullstart hood collection ... :D

20241005_082640.jpg

20241005_082555.jpg

20200813_185857.jpg.236476b84e16eed1a9dfa193efd0b009.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

wh500special
On 10/3/2024 at 12:37 PM, Sparky said:

My new shed landed today! 
 10x20 in Sage Green…

IMG_5915.jpeg

That happens to be a shade of green I can’t see.  Looks gray to me.  

I’m almost 50 and just figured out a couple of years ago i have some limited red/green color blindness.  It’s been a wonderful excuse to have for making such poor and non-coordinating sartorial choices my whole life.  Yet, I can clearly see the difference between Wheel Horse RED and John Deere GREEN…

Love the shed!  It’s very sharp looking.   My HOA doesn’t allow such freedom here 😡 (in fairness, I knew that before I moved in).  

Enjoy the newfound space!

steve

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sparky

Baby steps…

IMG_5935.jpeg

IMG_5937.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

rjg854

I can see the herd growing again :teasing-poke:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

I'm thinking RJ's will fit in that loft... :eusa-think:

Hoist system, a bit of @Pullstart magic tractor loading lube, you'd get 10-15 in there easy... :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Brockport Bill

it was suggested earlier in the thread to install a ladder for easier acess to shed loft -- I used a portable standard latter for many years to get up to my shed loft but then this year my grandson and I installed one of those pull down attic stairs--- just added one more joist and then framed in the joists to hang the pull down -- makes for lots more stable safety than the standard movable ladder

shed stairs.jpg

shed stairs down.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1