Redtickuleez

My New d180/wife upsetter

Redtickuleez

Hello gentlemen!!! I recently bought a d180 with loader and backhoe. Im looking for serial number.. there is a plate under the steering wheel but its been pajnted over and i can make it out. Can y'all tell me another location and was this tractor pruchased originally with these attachments and any info would be greatly appreciated... Thanks fellow Wheel Horse enthusiasts !!! !! !!!

• Like 2

Pullstart

Congrats!  A D series loader hoe is a very capable machine!  

IMG_7334.jpeg

IMG_7332.jpeg

IMG_7335.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 7

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Redtickuleez said:

was this tractor pruchased originally with these attachments

I'm not familiar with the D Series but the C Series did have a "Wheelhorse Dealer offered" Front End Loader for years. 

Backhoe,  I don't know. 

4 hours ago, Redtickuleez said:

plate under the steering wheel

Be VERY careful with using any paint removal chemicals on that. Check closely to see if that plate has embossed letters/ numbers under the paint. 

@Pullstart  Is that where the only ID is?

953 nut

:WRS:

The "D" could have been equipped with the loader and backhoe from the dealer. They would have been "Allied Attachments" offered by Wheel Horse dealers but not built by Wheel Horse.

The model number tag that has been painted over can be cleaned up with a careful application of oven cleaner or lacquer thinner on an old tooth brush. Use gloves and eye protection and be surer you don't get it on painted surfaces you wish to protect.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Pics Red?? 

I use regular paint thinner. Just be careful.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Must be quite a Horse!

:wwp:

• Like 1

Achto
8 hours ago, Redtickuleez said:

there is a plate under the steering wheel but its been pajnted over and i can make it out.

Some brake cleaner on a rag & a little scrubbing might remove enough paint to see the serial number.

1321123318_wifetractor.jpg.a762d8f562f3a226043c17dfedf339c5.jpg     :thumbs2:

• Haha 5
  • Heart 2

ri702bill
4 hours ago, Achto said:

Some brake cleaner on a rag

OR - brake fluid. Bubbles the paint right up...

• Like 1

Redtickuleez

Thanks gentlemen.... now  why is reverse barley working? Sometimes it wont go in reverse at all. When it does its slower that the kid wearing a backwards bicycle helmet on the short bus.... please dont take that personal any helmet wearers out there around the Redsquare... lol

Edited by Redtickuleez
  • Haha 3

953 nut

Sundstrand transmissions have ACCELERATION VALVES AND SPRINGS that have to be replaced from time to time.

oliver2-44

Start with cleaning the linkage and adjusting/replacing any worn/sloppy components.  Some of it needs to be lubes, some needs to stay dry.  The hydro pump and motor fins should also be cleaned to insure good cooling.

Also checkout the acceleration valves and springs as 953nut mentioned.  

Probable just some maintenance in both areas is due. 

• Like 2

Achto

There is an acentric screw on the linkage on the left hand side behind the battery. If this is loose or worn out it will effect reverse. You will probably need to remove the battery to get to it. 

• Like 2

gwest_ca

D-series service info in this manual.

When we see the model and serial number we can find more.