Tracy Gruetzmacher

Pump shaft seal leak

Wild Bill 633

The SKF/CR CR7474 is a single lip seal. The CR7475 shown above is a double lip seal. I am not sure a double lip seal will solve your issue as the double lip is the lip to the left shown in the picture above. I would suggest using the CR7475 double lip seal along with a Speedi-Sleeve. The SKF/CR Speedi-Sleeve P/Ns for a 0.750" shaft are 99076 for standard and 99811 for the gold version. The gold version is for highly abrasive applications. FYI, the removable flange can be left intact.

Tracy Gruetzmacher

My bad, I have been waiting for a response on the double lip seal, did not realize there was a page 2! How do I get to the pics u mention? I did try the double seal and u were right it still leaked. I am gonna try the speed sleeve and double lip seal on Monday. One thing I want to run by you is, the belt tension release lever does not have much travel to disengage. Now the previous retired WH dealer told me he could not find the correct belt but found one that would work. Could it be that the belt is a bit to short/tight tweaking the pump shaft just enough to make the seal leak? and is that also why when I engage the release lever it does not hardly move to tighten the belt? Would u know the correct belt length? And thanks again for all your help!

Wild Bill 633
On 9/6/2024 at 10:55 PM, Tracy Gruetzmacher said:

How do I get to the pics u mention?

I am referring to the picture of the SKF seal P/N 7475 posted on page 1 by @pfrederi.

On 9/6/2024 at 10:55 PM, Tracy Gruetzmacher said:

Could it be that the belt is a bit to short/tight tweaking the pump shaft just enough to make the seal leak?

The pump shaft is supported by a bearing. If the bearing is bad then the movement of the shaft would cause the seal to fail.

Tracy Gruetzmacher

Thanks for the info. I hope it is not the bearing, will know tomorrow nite after install speedi sleeve.

pfrederi

Before you use the speedie sleeve grab the end of the splined shaft and try moving it up/down front/back ..push hard there should be no movement .  If there is movement don't waste money on the speedie sleeve.  I have several Sunstrands and never had a bearing issue. Doubt the slightly tight belt caused any bearing wear.

drive belt # 7478 replaces # 4535 - (HB/5L x 84.22" or 5/8" x 84.22")