8ntruck

Covid - it ts still here

8ntruck
Posted (edited)

Our neighbor is just recovering from a bout with Covid.  It had her in the hospital for four days.  She was on oxygen when she came home.  Today, we learned that her brother has caught Covid.

Vaccination season is approaching.  Might want to keep the fact that Covid is still out there while you make a decision on which, if any vaccinations you get this year.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 2

76c12091520h

Couldn't agree more; my mom had a regularly scheduled doctors appt yesterday and as usual they took her temperature and she had a fever but no symptoms. They tested her , came back positive, asked how my dad was,  and she said he's been coughing and sneezing since Monday. They took him to the hospital and his kidneys aren't functioning properly either. 

• Sad 6

953 nut
10 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Vaccination season is approaching.  Might want to keep the fact that Covid is still out there while you make a decision on which, if any vaccinations you get this year.

:text-yeahthat:

As I understand it the annual flue we all are aware of and most get vaccinations for is an offshoot of the 1919 flue epidemic. It never went away, just keeps morphing into another version of itself. It appears the Covid 19 virus is going to do the same.

• Like 3

rmaynard

I've had all the COVID-19 shots and boosters, and yet I've still gotten Covid four times. No more "vaccinations" for me. 

• Like 2

Mike'sHorseBarn
54 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

I've had all the COVID-19 shots and boosters, and yet I've still gotten Covid four times. No more "vaccinations" for me. 

I've had COVID four or five times now and I'm still kicking. The first time I had it was the absolute worst and every time after that hasn't been near as bad, more like a bad cold. No shots either. I used to get flu shots regularly until I got the flu one year after a flu shot and never got another shot. I figure if the good lord wants me he can have me, some may not like that thought but that's my choice.

• Like 3

squonk

Vacs don't "prevent from catching it" They lessen the symptoms if you get it. I got a booster last year and was sick for a day in a half from it. Will be getting it again along with the flu jab. Have to for work. To each his own but don't whine if you don't get it and land in the hospital.

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

rmaynard
Posted (edited)

As I said, the "vaccination" did not prevent me from getting Covid, nor did it lessen the symptoms. However, Paxlovid did knock it out quickly the last two times that I contracted it. 

I have been getting the flu shot every year and I never get the flu. I do get the senior version which covers more strains than the normal shot does.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1

Sparky

My wife’s a nurse, she’s still seeing Covid patients. 

stevebo

My wife has it now. Found out 4 days ago and has been in bed all week. 

• Sad 5