Beap52

marble floor

Beap52

Twenty years ago I installed a marble floor in our family room. My wife decided it was time to paint so we painted ceiling and walls. So, today I decided it was time to strip and clean the floors.  Pretty amazing how dingy a floor can get.  We've been talking about stripping the wax off of the floor and what a difference it makes.  I told Pam, the next time I strip it will be in 20 years and I'll be 92!

marble floor.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

ri702bill

Nice - at my age (70) I already look at any home project and ask 2 questions...

Will this be the last time I do this over in my lifetime???

If not, how to do it to give at least 10 years use without a revisit... short money to do it :right"

• Like 4

lynnmor

Whoever puts that wax on the floor is the person that takes it off!  NEVER use the filthy stuff.

Kenneth R Cluley

My Wife and I say same thing after every project. "Hopefully we'll never have to do that again!" Definitely look at things differently at 70.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

stevasaurus

Do you think a floor buffer would make the job easier ??  You can rent them from places like Home Depot and trailer rental places.  We used them all the time in the Navy on regular asbestos 12" tile floors.  :USA:

Beap52

Whoever puts that wax on the floor is the person that takes it off!  NEVER use the filthy stuff.   The husband, of the one who put that wax on the floor, got to do (most) of the work taking it off.  Damp mopping is for future floor care. 

Do you think a floor buffer would make the job easier ??   Indeed a floor buffer would have been beneficial.  Problem is it's at least 30 to 45 minutes (one way) to find a machine.  I figured it wouldn't take much longer to just jump in and get it done.  The ole girl is happy, I'm happy (and stiff and sore).   

• Like 1

lynnmor

Did you try ammonia?  I had a tenant that used mop & glo excessively and that is all that worked.