Mr guisepp

Belt to small?

Mr guisepp
Posted (edited)

The issue was resolved with an 82 1/2 " belt...as I suspected the 82" tight belt from John deer was gripping the engine flywheel too tight to be stopped by the thin metal pinch points  of the braking mechanism ( Also the new belt had significantly smoother profile with tighter cloth coating than the John deer belt) I thank all of you for your help God bless you.

Edited by Mr guisepp
spell
  • Excellent 2

rjg854

Well now, we know the problem.  Putting a John Deere belt on a Wheel Horse.   :doh: :laughing-rolling:

• Heart 1

Mr guisepp
27 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Well now, we know the problem.  Putting a John Deere belt on a Wheel Horse.   :doh: :laughing-rolling:

Whell that was a mistake made in desperation to get my tractor up and running...their parts store is in my backyard

• Thanks 1

Mr guisepp

The issue was resolved with an 82 1/2 " belt...as I suspected the 82" tight belt from John deer was gripping the engine flywheel too tight to be stopped by the thin metal pinch points  of the breaking mechanism ( Also the new belt had significantly smoother profile with tighter cloth coating than the John deer belt) I thank all of you for your help God bless you.

Mr guisepp

Oops double posted how to delete?