Rob R

C81 Mower Drive V Belt

Rob R

Hi Guys my C81 has a 38 dual blade, side discharge mower deck (# 0537SC01) The deck belt also goes around the mandrels through the mule drive and also to the PTO so it's a huge belt. The current belt is stretched and ready to go. I believe it is around 1/2 X 142 inches but not sure was hoping one of you might have the correct size. Much appreciated. Rob 

ri702bill

Download the Manual for your deck - additional belt info is usually found on the downoad item page...

• Like 1

gwest_ca

6-sided belt? Click on the picture in the link.

Model 05-37SC02 used a 4-sided belt with different pulleys. Sometimes decks get changed from 6 to 4-sided.

ri702bill

Am I wrong, or is the 6 sided belt NLA??

• Like 1

Rob R

Thanks for all the good information and help gentlemen, much appreciated!

peter lena

@Rob R that multisided belt is also driving , all the related pulleys , personally not a fan of that deck ,had 2 of those units , that were sold for parts . typically those decks are , cracked / rusted , with lots of wet grass holding areas . my emphasis on pulley drag , is a standard  problem with those . suggest getting a regular 42" S/D  deck , and go thru it , related lubrication failure in  deck / mule drive , is what eats clutches and related issues , sold all my related rear bagger , parts .  they are a  rust factory . just my own experience on those , stay with a regular side discharge or rear discharge  set up , believe it or not  , the deck should spin easily , by hand , from the PTO / MULE  engagement point . not drag like a sled . nothing sarcastic implied , just my own experience , pete 

• Like 1

peter lena

@Rob R   often refer to how easily does the deck drive move , from the PTO CONE DRIVE POINT , BY HAND ?  the ammount of drag , is telling you what's going on , I  gently feed in my pto lever , and its always smooth / easy , never have any squealing lever engagement . my decks easily move by hand at  belt down drive point .  pete 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• cJ_3D
      By cJ_3D
      Hello everyone! 

Thought I would post a new thread on this as I wasn't able to find the information I was looking for. But I'm trying to get this drive belt on my 252-H and no matter what I try I can't get it on. I got a 1/2" x 76" so I know its the correct size belt. I followed the steps outlined in the manual which I've attached, and is shown on page 15. So I loosened the cross bar nuts and the flat idler adjustment pulley. And followed the routing from this guide: http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/wheel_horse_hydro_252-h_drive_belt.asp

I just can't get enough slack on it to get it over the engine pulley! Right now it's pinched up between the body and the pulley so possibly I can't get enough leverage, do I need to somehow work it from below the pulley? Doesn't help the pulley keeps coming off the shaft so I have it propped up using a scissor jack which is cumbersome to work around. I don't have a shop or anyway I can think of to safely stand the mower up and not sure about tipping it on it's side. Anyone who has done this particular belt on this mower before have any tips or suggestions for how to get this thing on?

Thanks for the help friends!

CJ

492-4003 Eaton 7 & Peerless 1320 SM.pdf
    • Carlos Casas
      By Carlos Casas
      Hi everyone
      I need some help from you: I have a Toro XL380h lawn mover, model 71252 and serial 280002262 (pictures attached). I am looking for a deck. Where can I find one used in good condition to be shipped to Miami?
      I have searched internet, specifically eBay, and found this but not sure if it(R5-38SL02) fits or not in my mower: https://www.ebay.com/itm/184119902476?ul_noapp=true
      Any one can help me?
      Thanks
      Carlos Casas

• Shea Worden
      By Shea Worden
      Hey guys, my wheelhorse c81 got a new transmission last year and now it’s grinding when I drive. First thing the brake pulley is on a higher shaft and doesn’t work with the c81 brake rod and hardware. Second the bearing behind the intake pulleyhas fallen out, which I assume is the grinding sound. Is there a way I can fix it without taking the whole transmission apart? I don’t have enough knowledge to do that kind of repair. Thanks so much -Shea 
    • Jacktanman
      By Jacktanman
      Hello all, I am a new private in the army and have just been assigned to fix an old 416-8. Within the past year the v-belt snapped and it has not been touched since just sitting in the garage. I have looked online and a quick search has shown 0 manuals that have the v belt as shown. Are there are manuals or videos out there that can help me with this v-belt replacement and potentially more repairs once I get into it more? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
      PVT Jack Tanner
    • Shea Worden
      By Shea Worden
      My c81 is comin along fellas. I’m getting a rear Clevis hitch, and some new front tires are comin in the mail next week. What do you think of those rears? Redid them myself and painted them!

Also a new battery has been put in since these pics were taken