oliver2-44

Results - Aumann Auctions 2024 Garden Tractor Auction

wallfish

Someone got the C160 for $187. Someone bought a JD patio beat up POS for $10 less. LOL

You should definitely shop there since no one knows what a WH is. 953 went for $187 too.

• Like 3

Sparky

Yep, I would have bought that C-160, 953, Electro12 and the 300 series machine…they all went cheap (my opinion) 

• Like 2

JoeM

Looks like a lack of WH bidders. the high dollar stuff bid counts were high. 

I look at old iron auctions from time to time and throw a few bids. When you get three or four potential bidders the price can go up significantly. 

And with a soft close you got to be at the key board or phone at closing time. 

That is the beauty of those things......sometimes the other team doesn't show up!

• Like 2

953 nut

Thanks for posting this @oliver2-44.

Several years ago I was bidding on a few Wheel Horses from a huge collection in southern Virginia, an eight hour round trip from my house. They didn't have the five minute last bid delay that Aumann Auctions has and people on-site were also able to make last minute live bids. I was outbid at the last moment on the two tractors I wanted and ended up driving eight hours to pick up a parts tractor that wasn't worth the effort.

The biggest factor for me would be the geographic undesirability of many of the tractors for sale. A little road trip of 2,000 miles or more would make it hard to consider anything that wasn't VERY uncommon a great buy. If you are from Illinois or Minnesota and missed this sale I guess you would be kicking yourself for not bidding.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Interesting bid numbers there.  

I've participated in two online auctions. 

The first was several years ago and thanks to Redsquare.. I was notified. 

I set up what I believe is a reasonable MAX BID for every Lot I'm interested in. 

Most Lots I let ride out and if I "win" so be it. 

Some Lots I'll adjust the price... a little... towards the end of the auction. 

At the first auction Trina and I got a whole 26 ft uhaul truck filled, and 3 more trips later with our own 5 x 8 trailer. 

Total price was just over $600 including rental, fuel etc. 

We made that back just from Redsquare members alone and nearly giving away the pieces at that. 

• Like 6