Junkyard_sal

Hauler for a tractor

Junkyard_sal

Has anyone hired a transport service? I am considering a tractor in Richmond VA and would need it moved to Philly or VT.

Achto
8 minutes ago, Junkyard_sal said:

I am considering a tractor in Richmond VA and would need it moved to Philly or VT.

Sometimes you get lucky & someone on the forum happens to be running the route you need..

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
43 minutes ago, Achto said:

Sometimes you get lucky & someone on the forum happens to be running the route you need..

:text-yeahthat:

We even have a section for it. Hauling help.

Fastenal has been known to move palletize or crated tractors and accessories across the country for reasonable rates. Definitely seems like you really need to have a good contact in that company. Also need to be knowledgeable on your own part about which Fastenal locations accept freight that large.

@PWL216 has used Fastenal and had good experience.

• Like 1

oliver2-44
Posted (edited)

I've previously used Fastenal a few years ago.  The seller has to be able to drain fluid and strap it on a pallet. 

Some say their rates have gone up so I'm not sure their still a viable service.  

But I still see a fair amount of old car fenders and hoods moving through my local Fastenal 

Edited by oliver2-44

PWL216
Posted (edited)

@Junkyard_sal I recently paid $265 to have a tractor shipped from Chicago to Boston via Fastenal. As @oliver2-44 mentioned, there’s work could to be done by the seller. They need to drain the fluids and strap it to a pallet, and then deliver it to the Fastenal location.

Edited by PWL216
  • Like 1