953 nut

A couple WHATZITS

953 nut

I am setting up the hardware department of my church's Bazaar,  annual big yard sale.  Got a couple of things that I can't ID, perhaps some of you will know.   :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

First one has a heavy duty hook on one end and has a place to hammer on to  :unsure:  pull on something?      :scratchead:

100_0369.JPG.7cf380e1aa4d76120a28060868606f59.JPG100_0370.JPG.da9ebefdd9999194abd62cf8682a85b3.JPG100_0371.JPG.02395175bfa155a5ca980cfcc217977a.JPG

The second mystery is a pair of tools (left hand and fright hand) that are offset with a curve like they will be used to go around a pipe or log?

100_0373.JPG.03ff0792d8c218642e0d49529201256c.JPG100_0372.JPG.816076f8777893d1e662b920d16a3062.JPG

I have no idea what they are for and the church probably won't get any more for them if I know what they are, but it would be nice to know.

• Confused 1

rmaynard

The first tool :scratchead:

The second item appears to be mortar pointing tools.

• Haha 1

Handy Don

Possibly tire irons?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sqrlgtr

First one is easy its a whatchamacallit :laughing-rofl: agree the 2nd one is mortar joist tool.

• Haha 1

Pullstart

Bearing puller?

• Confused 1

midpack

Not sure what it actually does, but I'd give the first one a shot at being a tire bead breaker.

rjg854

I'm guessing of course, the first one of being a slate shingle hook. Used for replacing broken tiles.  :scratchead:

• Thanks 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, rjg854 said:

slate shingle hook

:woohoo:          best guess I've heard yet.       :handgestures-thumbupright:

elcamino/wheelhorse

I thought the first one was @squonk toe nail cleaner.

• Haha 3

squonk
3 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I thought the first one was @squonk toe nail cleaner.

I thought it was your tooth pick.

• Haha 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Looks the hanger for my suspensers or my under wear.

• Confused 1

87 416-8 horse

I’m kinda with @midpack on the first one. Use the straight end to break a bead on a small tire then maybe use the hook to pull it over the rim.:eusa-think: That’s what came to mind

Mickwhitt

To me, it only looks small and light weight.

The thing looks like you hold it by the handle and hammer down on the worn pad to exert a downward force on the hooked end.

Just a total guess but based on the way it looks to function, is it a tool for closing barrel lids? Hook it Over the barrel side, tap the anvil and pull the lid down? 

Rick3478
3 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

To me, it only looks small and light weight.

The thing looks like you hold it by the handle and hammer down on the worn pad to exert a downward force on the hooked end.

Just a total guess but based on the way it looks to function, is it a tool for closing barrel lids? Hook it Over the barrel side, tap the anvil and pull the lid down? 

Like your thinking, but wonder about the function of the extra tang.  Doesn't look like a good place for fingers if you're going to hammer on it.

Mickwhitt
36 minutes ago, Rick3478 said:

Like your thinking, but wonder about the function of the extra tang.  Doesn't look like a good place for fingers if you're going to hammer on it.

Yeah that was my concern. Maybe something where the hand holding the tool is not against a surface. 

Nothing like it in car body work or sheet metal work?