Sign in to follow this  
peter lena

glass cleaner , bug spray

peter lena

after reading a related site on bug spray , been experimenting with plane  glass cleaner , it breaks down the  exoskeleton of the bug , they do not like it , but totally clear out of the area , have also added just a drop of  dish soap to  that glass cleaner bottle , much safer  than the chemical make up of  straight bug spray . great near window frames , obvious hiding areas . notice they  just stay away . walmart glass cleaner , cheap / effective , pete 

Beap52

Sorry for late reply. We just returned from vacation and catching up on reading this evening.  

I'm fighting Japanese beetles and some other beetle twice the size of the Japanese beetles on my blackberries.  This afternoon I gave my trellis that the blackberries grow on a good shaking and I bet 500 bugs took flight.  Later, I sprayed the berries with dawn soap in water.  Didn't really seem to have much effect.  Does anyone have recommendation of something? I always wash my berries before draining them in a colander and spreading them on a cookie sheet before freezing them and then bagging.  Thanks