953 nut

TRACTOR TRIVIA and other interesting stuff 7/5/2024

953 nut

Pipe dream scroll saw

I came acrost an article for a home built electric powered scroll saw whose base is made from standard iron pipe and fittings. There was no date given but it was probably from the depression era.

The powerful scroll saw cuts 1"+ stock with ease at 1400 strokes per minute, and is designed to be used with either the heavy saber type blades, or finer jewelers type blades.

If you have an old sewing machine and a 1/4 HP motor, the total cost will be very low.

2041704354_Pipedream1.jpg.6b67b7848bdb8a5e52c98e568fe9b6b4.jpg1665464738_pipedream2.jpg.388dd7c36b288d0ad916905a9f9f3bd8.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don

Anyone interested in the scroll saw gathering dust in my basement? :lol:

• Like 1

8ntruck

I've got one from HF on the top shelf in my shop.  I store it in the original box to keep it dust free between very occasional uses.

I imagine that the laser cutters and CNC routers now available to homeowners are starting to take over many of the jobs that scroll saws used to be the go to tool for.

• Like 2

Treepep

Has anyone ever built any of these machines?  I do not have and old sewing machine, washing machine briggs or an old ford.  Some of these I have seen in pictures or at shows (doodlebug).  Surprising that otherwise I have never seen any of these homemade artworks.

• Like 2