peter lena

service a/c exchanger , in cellar

peter lena

just did a filter swap , pan tablets , lubricating fluid on coil ends , for water shedding , been doing this over 30 years , made  numerous  small functional changes for more thorough service . easier access , and staying after , moisture movement , shed has eliminated any build up . best investment  on the house . pete 

• Like 1

ri702bill

Excellent advise. That is one reason I do my own oil changes - gives me a chance to get up close & personal with the vehicle I trust to get me from point A to piont B and back. Gives me a chance to look for fluid leaks & check fluid levels.... 

peter lena

@ri702bill  bill , use aerosol FLUID FILM on the coil ends , that was just a trial , but was thinking it would enhance the water dropping , amazing slick finish also did the inside of the lower coil drip tray . there is zero rust on any joint or moisture point !  was volunteered  to assist an outside A/C  guy at pfizer , learned so much in a month , gave me an entirely different view of  A/C maintenance . get that fluid film into a dry seam inside / out if you can , 30 years old and no rot / rust , that sits next to my sump pump pit , also loaded with tricked out  altered pump piping , for a valve switch to change discharge from street drain to lawn . also add those pan tablets to the water discharge , electric motor sump  / for clean / clear discharge . thanks for the shout , pete