BHunter

Have a safe trip! See you on Thursday. 

• Like 2

squonk

Did you clean and fumigate the boots? :wacko:

• Haha 3

WHX??
Posted (edited)

I texted that picture you sent me to  @rj35hunter Kev...He wanted to know what kind of contraption you was hauling on.  I told him he had to see it in wonderment to believe... Now Clay will be losing sleep and looking out more for the other guy like the rest of us...:lol:

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 3

Handy Don

image.png.331f130dbb061fe75504b860df49efa6.png

I cannot hold a candle to Kevin’s system, but I’m nearly done loading up. Plan is to be on the road at 6:30 to permit an afternoon soaking up the Gettysburg War Museum.

I recently read the book “The Killer Angels” by Michael Shara. It is a deep study of the senior officers from both armies who played major roles in the battle and has prompted me to put learning more higher on my “to do” list.

• Like 6

Ed Kennell
36 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

My boots are on

Keep her tween the white lines Cowboy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
21 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

I texted that picture you sent me to  @rj35hunter Kev...He wanted to know what kind of contraption you was hauling on.  I told him he had to see it in wonderment to believe... Now Clay will be losing sleep and looking out more for the other guy like the rest of us...:lol:

@rj35hunter I built it in 2019, and it’s never let me down!  Makes the truck ride real nice too!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

953 nut
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

wheels up

Tires will last a lot longer if you are flying!         :jaw:          Have a safe trip, look forward to seeing you again.       :woohoo:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rmaynard
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

I recently read the book “The Killer Angels” by Michael Shara. It is a deep study of the senior officers from both armies who played major roles in the battle and has prompted me to put learning more higher on my “to do” list.

Back in 1993, the movie "Gettysburg" was filmed in Gettysburg for many of the scenes. I was party to the filming as my travels took me to and through Gettysburg during that time, and as long as you were not in the scene, you could stop and watch the filming. I also had a friend and a cousin who were both in the movie. My friend was a talk show host in Baltimore on WCBM radio. His name was Les Kinsolving. He portrayed Confederate General William Barksdale. My wife's cousin was a local Civil War reenactor, who's group had been hired to do security at Gettysburg College, in costume, during the filming of the scene where Jeff Daniels as Colonel Joshua Chamberlain was viewing the battle from the steeple at the college. The "extra" who was to be just standing with the Colonel in the steeple, did not show up, so the director, seeing my cousin standing outside the church, grabbed him and said "son, how would you like to be in the movies?" The rest is as they say "history" (literally and figuratively).

SeminaryStreet-PX_4915.png.2a1d665b792d760021e7cf9d7e44c892.png

So, now to get back on the track, I'm only bringing 3 of my tractors, a 10 x 15 canopy, a large cooler, a couple of chairs, a box of brake linings, and my grandson. Easy to load. And not to forget, Mrs. M's cookie bars.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 9

Mike'sHorseBarn

Same here! See ya Thursday!!

20240617_192125.jpg.7f6c0b0ed49ae14a7dd627d0cf7dc1f7.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart
1 minute ago, wallfish said:

Loading up now but it's a slower process with the heat taking these breaks.

It was here, before it was there!  The last two days, they’ve been quite smelly outside!

• Like 2

pfrederi

Ready to go...

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

wallfish

I was thinking about folding the trailer gate down, loading on top of it and bringing ramps. The van gets about 4-6 MPG less when dragging the trailer

• Like 3

Handy Don
35 minutes ago, wallfish said:

I was thinking about folding the trailer gate down, loading on top of it and bringing ramps. The van gets about 4-6 MPG less when dragging the trailer

Those trailers with the flip up ramp really kill your fuel economy. Note that SpaceX uses things like that to slow down their rocket boosters coming back from space! If the tailgate comes off easily, leave it behind?

And...

image.png.b343c73c96ac10153750ab4d83d87d13.png To me, this SCREAMS “Back to the Future"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

JPWH

Safe travels to all and have fun at the show. Hope to see you next year.

• Like 4
  • Heart 2

Handy Don
2 hours ago, rmaynard said:

canopy, a large cooler, a couple of chairs,

Plus cold liquid stuff IN the cooler 😁

• Like 1

adsm08
3 hours ago, Pullstart said:

My boots are on and my crayons are sharp!  I’m ready to roll!  5AM tomorrow is wheels up for me.

IMG_8734.jpeg

I still can't believe that you don't get pulled over with that thing once you get into PA.

• Haha 4

squonk

I'm sure you all have been at the edge of your seats waiting for my loaded trailer pic!

Here she is! Randy's trailer and 1045 running shot gun with a 551 and a couple of garden scratchers.

IMG_20240618_164222945_HDR.jpg.1d63f0b8a1d13fe44b3e2a892d49d702.jpg

IMG_20240618_164237795_HDR.jpg.9fc475c28995bd2c8797e08807a71312.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

Tractorhead
25 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

I still can't believe that you don't get pulled over with that thing once you get into PA.

Because of what ?

Ok it may be suspiciant

Everything seems to be straped down well. ( maybe so far) .....

@Pullstart you mentioned you got your Boots on right? 

The more important question to me will be - are you shure, you didn’t drive in Flipflops?

😎😂

take Care Bro

@all 

Have a save trip to the Show 👍

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

rmaynard
1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

Plus cold liquid stuff IN the cooler 😁

Water and Gatorade!

• Like 2

adsm08
25 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

Because of what ?

Ok it may be suspiciant

Everything seems to be straped down well. ( maybe so far) .....

My state has some very strict and unusual rules about what you are and are not allowed to do with non-commercial vehicles or home-made load transporting equipment.

For example, I can go out near @Pullstart's house, buy a pair of enclosed equipment trailers, and tow them tandem the 600 or so miles back to the PA state line without a problem. Almost as soon as I cross that border there will be a cop pulling me over to ticket me for the tandem setup.

• Like 1

squonk

If @Pullstart didn't get pulled over with that overloaded Colorado, he never will! :lol:

• Haha 5

Pullstart
2 hours ago, adsm08 said:

It’s under the DOT max width

• Like 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, adsm08 said:

very strict and unusual rules about what you are and are not allowed to do with non-commercial vehicles or home-made load transporting equipment

When I bought my GT-14 with a front end loader in PA the seller advised me to remove the front bucket because it was about six inches over the tail end of my trailer, probably saved me some aggravation.

• Like 7