Rattlecan

1067 mostly back together

Rattlecan

I have managed to get most of the tractor back together that I posted a week or so ago. New diaphragm and cleaned original fuel pump, filed and set points, went thru carb, adjusted valves, new plug, new battery, new belts, drained transmission, cleaned up wiring and put it all back thanks to the wiring diagrams here. Started and ran yesterday for a few seconds two times on a squirt of gas in carb, lots of smoke from everything I have squirted in the cylinder. Of course I have questions again. The red light on the dash is on with key in the run position, is this correct?  I have rebuilt the throttle and choke cables, was able to save knobs and parts at dash. New cables and sheath, that was an ordeal.  Fuel pump leaked a lot. Took it back apart and the two metal mating surfaces were warped, very odd. Sanded both surfaces until flat put back together, no leaks. Ran it for a minute or two no throttle or choke cables on it yet. Can  you guys help me with the correct routing of the choke/throttle cables and the new fuel line? The fuel line does not look right any where I put it. Most of this tractor was disassembled by PO. Thanks again

gwest_ca

The generator light should be on with the key in RUN position and engine not running because the generator has no output. Get it running and it should go out.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

We run the choke cable and fuel line tied together beginning roughly above the battery tray. 

They're routed down around the bottom of the flywheel side of the engine. 

There should be two "holding loops" to corral them at the bottom of the engine shroud cover. One at around 4 to 5 o'clock position. The other opposite and equal.  

Throttle cable will follow straight forward from the dash to a point where it contacts the belt guard or it's upper side bolts. Some engines have a bracket that sticks up off the belt guard mounting bolt. 

• Like 1

Rattlecan

This one with the wing nut for the throttle? It has two clips on front of motor shroud and these two on the tire were in the box of parts. Are they for fuel and choke?  Thanks again

D8F669DB-4D4E-4974-94D7-426B15066BE2.jpeg

117E48E0-683D-415B-94D9-54609B43FF06.jpeg

EB5F15F7-F29B-41CA-9DD1-B9695091FEE7.jpeg

82F0CB6F-19EC-4D27-8ABB-68FE4BEDDBC9.jpeg

• Like 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

This one with the wing nut for the throttle? It has two clips on front of motor shroud and these two on the tire were in the box of parts. Are they for fuel and choke?  Thanks again

You're getting there. 

Good pics. 

The metal bar with the wing nut on it should be vertical. 

The piece in the GREEN circle below would be at the top of the bar as vertical,  with the throttle cable going through it. 

1593829598_Screenshot_20240612_195014_Chrome2.jpg.5b929bc02174c45c1107b7e0f147675e.jpg

The piece in the BLUE circle goes where the green circle is. 

The choke cable is mounted there.  

The part of the fuel pump in the YELLOW circle should face down. 

One of the clips you have on the tire would attach where the blue circle is. 

The other clip would attach just next to the battery tray in the other Pic. 

• Like 1

Rattlecan

I forgot one. This one was mounted on the end of the valve cover stud when I took it apart. How do you draw on the pictures?  Thanks again. 

C7CC573D-C262-41AF-9793-84E05E8C7018.jpeg

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

I forgot one. This one was mounted on the end of the valve cover stud when I took it apart.

That's the clip that holds the throttle cable. 

It comes across the front of the engine block and attaches to the bottom of the lever that feeds back to the governor.  

Sort of where the BLUE line is.  

1533069075_Screenshot_20240612_201712_Chrome2.jpg.6c41beef37beb93ea45b86c766c1fa1e.jpg

5 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

How do you draw on the pictures?  Thanks again. 

I have an Android phone. 

I take a screenshot then go to the editing section of the phone. 

It's handy.... but @wallfish is the Diagram MASTER.  

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine

It dawned on me at that last pic...

I made a video a few years ago.  

Hope this helps??

• Like 1

wallfish

The bracket in the blue circle is for holding the choke cable conduit. It mounts to the shroud bolt that's covered by the coil. The one in the green circle shouldn't be there at all

1593829598_Screenshot_20240612_195014_Chrome2.jpg.5b929bc02174c45c1107b7e0f147675e.jpg.e12e3a49b0ce0ac45ab285134ace0352.jpg

• Like 2

Rattlecan

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. A video is even better.  I’m not certain because I can’t find it here again but I think wallfish might has provided the wiring diagram I used to get the wiring put back correctly.  The little red light works and even the cigarette lighter, do not smoke so I’m not sure what I will do with that but amazed that it works. All of these little clips are where they were when I got the parts and pieces except for the two that are on the tire in the pic, those must be for fuel line. Many thanks to you guys. I have had the new cables run every which way trying to figure it out where they went with the clips where they were. I didn’t want to cut the new conduit or wire until I got them right it took me a while to get new conduit and wire on the original dash hardware and pull knobs and I do not want to do that again soon. The garburator still not right, it’s off again to soak again but I did get it to run a minute. Need to put diesel in transmission if I get it moving to wash it out. I might get it going. I have been working on it over a week off and on. Tomorrow after work I will try to get the cables installed. Thanks again

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I've had carbs that needed to soak more than once. 

If you don't quite get that right send it up here. I've rebuilt a pile of em. 

You're doing just fine.  

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 1

Rattlecan

That is a very kind offer. It’s still soaking. I’ll see what happens this time and go from there. Thanks

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

That is a very kind offer. It’s still soaking. I’ll see what happens this time and go from there. Thanks

After I soak them here I use a whole can of brake clean to spray all over everywhere and in through all the tiny passages every which way and back again. 

Definitely helps.