WHGuy413

Inaugural FFA Ag day

WHGuy413
Posted (edited)

My oldest son is a high school freshmen at our local Vocational school studying landscaping/ horticulture. He got involved in FFA and seems to be enjoying that part also. Today was the first ever FFA Ag day something they planned for the last few months. They had some great exhibits, and sold some great products like maple syrup and vegetable plant starters that they created in shop class. Also a pig roast with their own pigs they raised. The vet tech program at the school had a petting zoo with some of their animals. Cow plow bingo was a hit too. The local tractor pulling club put on a great show with plenty of antique farm tractors pulling and on display. I’d say there was 50 farm tractors. We brought over a few wheel horses to show and found that the garden tractor pulling club also was setting up. It wasn’t a sanctioned pull so only a couple kids pulled. @WheelHorse_Kid got some practice with his stock C-121. My stepson also got to pull with a stock(ish) mower. His uncle is the one who runs the pulls. It was a great day and I’m hoping they received enough support from the public to make it an annual event. Talking to the teachers that were there they said the idea for Ag day came from the kids and they did all the hard work setting it up. 

IMG_7509.png

IMG_7499.jpeg

IMG_3600.jpeg

IMG_7504.jpeg

IMG_7502.jpeg

IMG_7510.jpeg

IMG_7511.jpeg

IMG_7512.jpeg

IMG_7513.jpeg

IMG_7514.jpeg

IMG_7515.jpeg

IMG_7516.jpeg

IMG_7517.jpeg

Edited by WHGuy413
  • Excellent 9

Sparky

Love to see/read stories about younger folk getting into this stuff! 
  My son is now 29, he went thru a phase when he wasn’t interested but his interest sparked backup, he now has a 69 Wheel Horse Workhorse 700 that he is into, painting wheels, fixing up etc. Also has a 314/8 mowing & plowing machine. 

IMG_2686.jpeg

IMG_2685.jpeg

• Excellent 4
  • Heart 1

WHGuy413
7 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Love to see/read stories about younger folk getting into this stuff! 
  My son is now 29, he went thru a phase when he wasn’t interested but his interest sparked backup, he now has a 69 Wheel Horse Workhorse 700 that he is into, painting wheels, fixing up etc. Also has a 314/8 mowing & plowing machine. 

IMG_2686.jpeg

IMG_2685.jpeg

It was great seeing all the teens come together and put on a successful event open to

the public. A lot of hard work on their parts. 

your sons tractor looks great: glad he got back into them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8ntruck

Sounds like it is a good program.  Hope it continues on.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Sounds like it is a good program.  Hope it continues on.

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1