SylvanLakeWH

Memorial Day

ebinmaine

:handgestures-salute:

:flags-waveusa:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

rjg854

Thanks to all that were willing enough to lay down their lives for our American dream, and their brothers in arms.  :flags-waveusa:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

SylvanLakeWH

SL&WHN RR makes another appearance at the Memorial Day Parade...

Great time had by all!!! :flags-waveusa:

IMG_2906.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

adsm08

We did the Mechanicsburg Memorial Day parade, as we have the last three years, where my kids walked with American Heritage Girls and Trail Life USA troops PA304. The parade finishes off with a wreath and flower ceremony at the war memorial in the local cemetery, which the kids get to participate in.

This year the keynote speaker was a newly minted colonel (Officially Lt. Col Promotable) from the Army Medical Corps who is currently attached to the War College in Carlisle, but I have misplaced my program, and can't for the life of me remember her name.

• Like 1

953 nut

If you didn't happen to see the the National Memorial Day Concert please watch it. This was a very powerful presentation, best I have ever seen., much more than just a musical prsentation.

https://www.pbs.org/show/national-memorial-day-concert/?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3tCyBhDBARIsAEY0XNn1A3LOdzJ6A9ZCrX20bI-8qPJesm7jRDqkFqhg7KD8JQ_eSQAB23caAt9YEALw_wcB