TC10284

108-5 Transmission Linkage

TC10284

I have a 108-5 where the transmission linkage came loose under the tractor and I cannot get it back into the plate that tightens the belt to engage the engine shaft. 

I realize I have a bad pulley but at this point my biggest issue is I cannot get the linkage to go back into the slot. The spring is also very close to the top of the linkage and could come off. Is there a pin that is supposed to go on top of the rod? 

Also, is there an easier way to get to all this? I had to turn the tractor on its side just to get to it, but I can't get enough leverage to try to pull the rod back to the slot. The only way I can get it close is to put the parking brake on. 

Pics:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wT69eu47295u5AT37

TC10284
Posted (edited)

Thanks! That helped. 

https://www.partstree.com/models/33-08b502-108-5-toro-rear-engine-riding-mower-1986/clutch-brake-linkage-0/
Looks like I need a key and washer and put the end of part #22 into the hole where 9 and 10 are, but carefully push the spring back down below the hole for the key. 
My biggest problem is I don't have easy access for my hands or leverage, etc and I haven't figured out the best way yet to get that access without taking off a lot of stuff.

I've already ordered the pullies I needed. 

Edited by TC10284

TC10284
Posted (edited)

I meant to update a few days ago.

For anyone else that may have this problem or interested, I had to end up putting the tractor on it's side and taking off the transmission to get adequate access to replace the washer and pin at the end of part #22. I don't have an appropriate lift to raise it up and take it all off that way. Otherwise you can't get enough access with your hands to be able to put the rod back in and the pin in the rod. 

I'm waiting on another pulley to arrive before I put it all back together. 

Edited by TC10284