D_Mac

Gump Mobile

D_Mac

So this ended up in the back of my truck today. Price was right. Runs and drives but when you try to engage the blade it shakes like hell. When I got it home it looks like one of the wings on one side of the blade is missing. Going to get a new blade for it. It's engine had been replaced at some point. Also going  to need a battery and a tube for one of the rear tires. Lol other then all that it seems ok. Look at it closer tomorrow.

20240507_162056.jpg

20240507_162105.jpg

20240507_162111.jpg

20240507_162122.jpg

20240507_162130.jpg

20240507_162137.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

The replacement engine is complete with a hood shroud, aka water funnel!  :lol:

• Haha 4

D_Mac

Yeah I'll be taking that off.

ri702bill

"Run, Forrest!!!"

pfrederi

Those front tires look to have the same tread pattern as some Lawn rangers.  What size are they???  The LR size and pattern are no longer made.

D_Mac
14 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Those front tires look to have the same tread pattern as some Lawn rangers.  What size are they???  The LR size and pattern are no longer made.

I'll check later. I just unloaded it off the truck and parked it. I'll look it all over later

Handy Don

The big single blade on the Snapper RERs is heavy, especially with the Hi-Vac wings bolted on. I strongly recommend a good quality blade balancing tool to get end-to-end as well as front to back balance instead of simply hanging it on a nail. I learned this reluctantly (sigh) at the cost of a spindle bearing.

Also, it’s a good idea to confirm that the blade belt is in good condition--cracks or badly worn parts of the belt sidewall can cause vibration that feels like a balance problem.

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

Yes the vibration is real bad. You can't even fully engage the blade because of it. You have to back off. I'll update when I look it over. That's my problem, I buy first, look it over later. But I got it cheap enough.

• Like 3

D_Mac
Posted (edited)

Well I removed the wings on the blade. One side had about 90% of it missing. Took them off of both sides and I am now able to engage the deck. I also removed that thing over the debris screen. Most likely it will need a new blade but I won't be keeping it. Operates as it should now. Run Forrest Run !

Oh yeah.. front tire size is 4.10/3.50 - 4

20240508_191426.jpg

20240508_191457.jpg

20240508_191437.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Excellent 3

D_Mac

Sooo I had I buyer for the Gump Mobile. I went out to fire it up to make sure everything was OK. I turned the key and it made a horrible screeching noise. Well the engine wasn't turning, starter making all the noise. So I took the cover off and yup.... gear is sheared smooth. Why on earth would the make the starter gear out of plastic??? Soooo ordered a new PLASTIC gear for it. Not exactly sure on how to get it off but will take a closer look when I have the gear in hand. Grrrrrrr.

20240509_165602.jpg

• Sad 3

953 nut
14 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Why on earth would the make the starter gear out of plastic???

So they can sell lots of overpriced replacement parts.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Horse Newbie

I like those lawn mower style ape-hangers…

looks like an orangutan could use it…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

D_Mac

So the new starter gear is installed. Easy enough job. Being plastic is why you can buy them in a 2 pack.

20240508_191457.jpg

• Like 1