Racinbob

Eaton 11 Filter

Racinbob

It's probably on here someplace but it hasn't jumped in my face so I'm asking. 

Is a WIX 51521 a suitable replacement for the Toro 79-5270 on the Eaton 11 I just acquired? @squonk

Racinbob

I think I just answered my own question. I'm saying no. Eaton calls for a 10 micron filter. The WIX is 21.

squonk

1521 is an engine oil filter with a by pass valve. You need a 51410 

• Like 1

Racinbob

I see the difference, Mike. The 51521 kept coming up as the cross for the Toro 79-5270 but it also mentioned fitting these cars which told me it's an engine filter. I see that the 51410 is a hydraulic filter but it's also 21 microns. The Eaton 11 specifications call for a 10 micron. Am I being too finicky? :wacko:

squonk
1 hour ago, Racinbob said:

I see the difference, Mike. The 51521 kept coming up as the cross for the Toro 79-5270 but it also mentioned fitting these cars which told me it's an engine filter. I see that the 51410 is a hydraulic filter but it's also 21 microns. The Eaton 11 specifications call for a 10 micron. Am I being too finicky? :wacko:

Yes!  :lol:

1410 is fine. Use em all the time. Sunstrand & Eatons. The only tractor I ever ran across where you had to use an OEM filter was a 70's Allis Chalmers

c-series don

Unless you just happen to have an original kickin around and you need it for your C-175 restoration ! 🤣😂

IMG_9163.jpeg

IMG_9162.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

Racinbob

Outstanding Don but I  would have put that on display. It might be a crime but this one is going to work and not be a trailer queen.  I've got filters on the way. :)

• Like 1

c-series don

@Racinbob I had that filter on display and thought I would put it on just to see how it looked. Then I liked it so much I thought I’d leave it. But then I realized I probably won’t find another one like that so I was going to take it off!!! Just then my son in law came by and I explained my dilemma. He said my daughter could copy the writing and logo on the filter on her Cricket. It’s kind of like a fancy label maker ( I don’t know anything about it honestly) So I guess with a little red paint and new decals I could paint some 1410’s and have several ! But honestly once the tire is on you can’t see it anyway. Since I haven’t finished this restoration I still may take it off and put it back on the shelf? Decisions, decisions……..

• Excellent 1

lynnmor
1 hour ago, c-series don said:

@Racinbob I had that filter on display and thought I would put it on just to see how it looked. Then I liked it so much I thought I’d leave it. But then I realized I probably won’t find another one like that so I was going to take it off!!! Just then my son in law came by and I explained my dilemma. He said my daughter could copy the writing and logo on the filter on her Cricket. It’s kind of like a fancy label maker ( I don’t know anything about it honestly) So I guess with a little red paint and new decals I could paint some 1410’s and have several ! But honestly once the tire is on you can’t see it anyway. Since I haven’t finished this restoration I still may take it off and put it back on the shelf? Decisions, decisions……..

In the meantime have your daughter produce copies and open a vendor account here.  :)

• Like 1

Bill D
14 hours ago, c-series don said:

Unless you just happen to have an original kickin around and you need it for your C-175 restoration ! 🤣😂

IMG_9163.jpeg

IMG_9162.jpeg

I'm curious about the hydraulic hoses you're using.  Could you please tell me where you purchased them. Thanks.

c-series don

@Bill D In full disclosure Bill, they were not leaking so I didn’t replace them. I did however paint the fittings with Rustoleum aluminum paint. Now that I have said that they don’t leak, well you know what is going to happen 😂😂

Bill D
39 minutes ago, c-series don said:

@Bill D In full disclosure Bill, they were not leaking so I didn’t replace them. I did however paint the fittings with Rustoleum aluminum paint. Now that I have said that they don’t leak, well you know what is going to happen 😂😂

I don't think those hoses are OEM.  They don't look like the old hoses I have. I'm thinking the previous owner replaced them.  Do you have any more close up pictures.

Racinbob

Pulled the left rear to try and repair a slow leak. I was a bit surprised to find the logo on the filter. Even more surprised to find it on the three new OEM filters I purchased. Not as cool as @Bill D 's red but still cool. :)

1029310637_TransmissionFilters.jpg.543c1beb11d67da7d2586bca9815d474.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

squonk
Posted (edited)

Cut your old filter open if you can and lets have a looksee. The older ones were pretty crappy. I'd like to see if they improved them at all. 

Old Filter:

IMG_2069.JPG.46d6a59adf4c11a43157e141fe185984.JPG

Napa 1410:

post-2380-0-03820700-1405294753_thumb.jp

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

Bill D
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Racinbob said:

Pulled the left rear to try and repair a slow leak. I was a bit surprised to find the logo on the filter. Even more surprised to find it on the three new OEM filters I purchased. Not as cool as @Bill D 's red but still cool. :)

1029310637_TransmissionFilters.jpg.543c1beb11d67da7d2586bca9815d474.jpg

I think you meant @c-series don.  All my tractors have Wix 51410 filters

Edited by Bill D
  • Like 2

Racinbob
46 minutes ago, Bill D said:

I think you meant @c-series don.  All tractors have Wix 51410 filters

Oops! You're right. I just went back to the first picture I saw. Sorry.

• Like 1

Racinbob
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Cut your old filter open if you can and lets have a looksee. The older ones were pretty crappy.

I definitely will Mike. I had a display of cut open filters some time ago prompted by Fram.

It won't be long but I want to get the tire issue fixed first. The seller told me about the slow leak in the left rear. I found multiple tiny pinhole leaks in the Dico. :(

Bill D

Anyone here use Zinga hydraulic filters on their tractor?  I see them on the surplus center website.  Made in USA!  Not sure what they have that crosses to a 1410.  I may need to call them.

lynnmor
On 5/11/2024 at 4:04 PM, Bill D said:

Anyone here use Zinga hydraulic filters on their tractor?  I see them on the surplus center website.  Made in USA!  Not sure what they have that crosses to a 1410.  I may need to call them.

While you have them on the phone, ask why they can't put up a useful website.

Bill D
4 hours ago, lynnmor said:

While you have them on the phone, ask why they can't put up a useful website.

Definitely not useful in this case.  I emailed them looking for a cross to a Wix 51410.  I let you know what they say.

Racinbob
On 5/10/2024 at 2:28 PM, squonk said:

Cut your old filter open if you can and lets have a looksee. The older ones were pretty crappy. I'd like to see if they improved them at all. 

Here you go Mike. I see no issue with the quality. I just figured I'd stick with a 10 micron like the recommend. probably no big deal though. :)

707116328_ToroWHTransFilter.jpg.cefe163314da8a95f17323ec4af22182.jpg

squonk
1 hour ago, Racinbob said:

Here you go Mike. I see no issue with the quality. I just figured I'd stick with a 10 micron like the recommend. probably no big deal though. :)

707116328_ToroWHTransFilter.jpg.cefe163314da8a95f17323ec4af22182.jpg

Toro probably changed the vendor  to a better quality manufacturer as compared to years ago, That filter looks a lot like the Wix/Napa filter, This is out of an older filter probably from the 70's

IMG_2069.JPG.46d6a59adf4c11a43157e141fe185984.JPG

What kind of spring did it have in it?