victorb

How do you move around big attachments

953 nut
On 4/23/2024 at 7:10 PM, 953 nut said:

for heavy items that are on the dirt I would suggest getting some plywood that they can be pushed onto and attach some ropes to one end to pull them out of the way.

3 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

cheaper alternative..

I'm about as thrifty as they come but with the price of building materials your "Slide-A-Boggan" might be cheaper.           :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

c-series don
12 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I was thinking maybe @c-series don Don should just put in a four post lift in the garage...

:handgestures-thumbupright:

I actually have thought about a lift in my garage, I have a 12’ ceiling so I have the height but honestly for the amount that I would use it I think it would be in the way more than anything? 

• Like 2

peter lena

@Ed Kennell @PWL216 @SylvanLakeWH , OTHERS , wow   thinking  out side  the box  !  has to be an answer here , have also used the  , slide a boggan  for snow blower chute ,  sliding  base , material ,makes it swing with ease .  watch out for the dreaded  "  you can't do that " , usually related to  correcting an existing problem . pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lee1977

SAM-1809-2.jpg

I managed to shift enough stuff around that I could back all the way to the back of the basement to get the 42 deck out,

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Bob Lister

I have the small mower deck so can muscle and roll it into place. for my snow blower i drive the front wheels up on a couple 2x4 to get it up higher and slide a pallet under it.  Reverse to install I don't move it off the tractor

• Like 1

victorb

Just to give update (most of this happened several weeks ago) ...

1) I managed to get the snow blower attachment onto a pallet and slide it out of the way. 

2) I tried to use slide toboggan but it kept pulling out from bottom (like the table cloth trick)

3) I was able to get the mower deck onto big hand truck to move it next to a flat spot near the tractor on driveway

4) ended up just man handling the deck under the tractor 

I was very busy the last few weeks but was able to use the tractor today to mow before getting ready now to go to ball game and fireworks with family. 

Thank you all. BTW, happy 4th of July

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Just used this set up. Worked like a charm...

IMG_2957.jpeg

• Excellent 3

peter lena

@ SLYVANLAKE WH  that slide a boggan , makes for a great  snowblower  chute , base slide gasket , add silicone spray , smooth / easy , pete

• Like 1

peter lena

@ SLYVANLAKE , btw just that small FUNCTIONAL DETAILING , of a wheel horse anything , is the basis to a lot of my improvements , terrifies purests , you can't do that , really ? those snow blower idler and drive pulleys , and the rusty dragging steel frame they are on , can be greatly improved in rotational  function . no screaming  PTO drive clutch , also added , cleaned out / re greased bearings , and chute cable rotation  / connection . roller stool sit / watch  how things work , pete 

cleat

I use this.

887686605_Largerwheelsinstalled2.jpg.ee7c4317776f0c392c7578a233c2b5af.jpg

I built an adapter to put forks on instead of the bucket.

1815982549_Forks2.jpg.07d2866df13fba13f7b18c76acc0a76e.jpg

I then built a rack.

Now I can move and store 3 decks at once.

Shown in picture are 3 SD decks, 42",48", and 60".

73292853_4248and60deckonrack1.JPG.49abcf7e40ccbbf372f1b8105bcc758f.JPG

Tractor cost a bit of money but has paid for itself many times over with work performed and in possible injuries avoided due to exertion.

You simply don't need to lift a heavy load when you have a loader to do it for you.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5