razorback1995

308-8 Pully ID help

razorback1995

Hey all,

This pully blew up on me yesterday. Having a hard time IDing the part # or replacements. the 308-8 schematics I've found don't list this part.  Its the pully in the front that runs from the motor to the mowing deck. 

Thanks in advance!

IMG_4430.jpg

IMG_4429.jpg

gwest_ca

Can't find because that is considered part of the mower deck.

How many blades - 2 or 3?

Side or rear discharge?

Do you know the deck model number and serial number?

WHX??

I thought we replace the bearings in those if that's the problem. 

Is it just me or does that outside pully mot look like a flat one? Also shouldn't the belt be on the inside V of the pto? 

pfrederi
Posted (edited)

May be a 37" side with the fancy multi sided belt.  That is why 2 V pulleys on the mule drive. 

If it is 37 the belt doesn't look 6 sided to me...wrong one??

To me it looks like the shaft of the mule drive is in bad shape

Pulley is 104974

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

razorback1995
2 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Can't find because that is considered part of the mower deck.

How many blades - 2 or 3?

Side or rear discharge?

Do you know the deck model number and serial number?

2 blades. 

side discharge

cant find any info on the deck# 

Wayne0

With that belt, the outside pulley should be flat. If not, you're running the wrong belt. You can get mule pulleys on fleabay.

Mine came apart like that and I had to cut (Dremel) the inner race to get it off.

gwest_ca

Guessing this is the deck you have. 

The above model used some flat pulleys and V-pulleys. The flat pulleys run on the wide back of a standard 4-sided belt.

The earlier model used a unique 6-sided belt and all the pulleys were the V-type.

• Thanks 1

razorback1995
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Guessing this is the deck you have. 

The above model used some flat pulleys and V-pulleys. The flat pulleys run on the wide back of a standard 4-sided belt.

The earlier model used a unique 6-sided belt and all the pulleys were the V-type.

This is what I've been looking for. THANK YOU.

Looks like I need 104974 Pulley-V.

It is the V belt and both the pulleys are V which is in line with the above docs. 

Edited by razorback1995

peter lena

@razorback1995  looks like a newer deck pulley  in place , you can either buy  new pulleys , or re bearing them , that burnt bluing in the bearing shaft , is telling you , this has been going on a while. those bearings are probably  , 6203 ( 3/4 ) 2RSC3, make sure you lay out the mule drive , disassembly , so you can put the spacers back  as they were , personally like to clean out and re grease  those bearings with a hi temp lucas grease , makes them last . every related bearing , is subject to hi heat  and load stress , thats what  kills those bearings . a number of related  deck issues  are on site , snoop around , pete 

razorback1995
11 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@razorback1995  looks like a newer deck pulley  in place , you can either buy  new pulleys , or re bearing them , that burnt bluing in the bearing shaft , is telling you , this has been going on a while. those bearings are probably  , 6203 ( 3/4 ) 2RSC3, make sure you lay out the mule drive , disassembly , so you can put the spacers back  as they were , personally like to clean out and re grease  those bearings with a hi temp lucas grease , makes them last . every related bearing , is subject to hi heat  and load stress , thats what  kills those bearings . a number of related  deck issues  are on site , snoop around , pete 

Just ordered two new pulleys

Thanks for the tips.

• Thanks 1

gwest_ca

If all the pulleys are the V-type you have this model

peter lena

@razorback1995  pay attention  to the mule drive tear down , lay out the spacers and bearings , vital for setup , like to  lubricate and free up things a s I go , also lubricate the  dial in  tension  adjuster , glad you are on board , pete