RED-Z06

Anyone fixed a Brinly disc?

RED-Z06

I got one today, the plates are kinda loose on the shafts and the shafts wobble. Model DD-1000

20231111_132051.jpg

20231111_132148.jpg

20231111_132152.jpg

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Tighten up the axle nuts enough to still allow them to rotate. May need a Nylok nut so they stay.

• Like 2

RED-Z06
15 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Tighten up the axle nuts enough to still allow them to rotate. May need a Nylok nut so they stay.

I found a basic parts list and it looks pretty basic, I can see how loose bolts could let it all move.  Be nice if that's all it is 

Skwerl58

I have a set with five disc on each side that I had to use pb blaster on to free up and then adjust with  the nuts. I grease them  every year and my set now does great. I believe they do better the more I use it. 

• Like 1

oliver2-44

The disc hanger brackets have a spacer/bushing/ bearing in them. The ends of these spacers can wear when everything is used loose.  The spacers need to be longer that the tube part of the hanger they go through.  This will allow you to tighten the long bolt through all the disc tightly, and not bind on the hanger.   

RED-Z06
46 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

The disc hanger brackets have a spacer/bushing/ bearing in them. The ends of these spacers can wear when everything is used loose.  The spacers need to be longer that the tube part of the hanger they go through.  This will allow you to tighten the long bolt through all the disc tightly, and not bind on the hanger.   

Finding that spacer/bushing may be difficult.  I sent a message to Brinly, see if they respond Monday.  If i can get it right ill replace some discs, have it all blasted and paint it up.

peter lena

@   RED-ZO6  , looks like it needs a complete refit , might consider saving the frame (   with inspection ) and replace rotating parts, you might luck out on parts , pete

RED-Z06

Got the impact out and started hitting bolts, found a few up top on the hangers, all 4 long bolts were loose...the threads are damaged so i couldn't snug them down..i added spacers and that let me get them tight.  The disc play is gone, theres just a bit of thrust play and a bit of wobble.  If i can find bushings and bolts it will be like new 

RED-Z06

Heard from Brinly...Gang bolts, discs, bushings...literally not one thing is available at all.  Very disappointing they don't support legacy implements 

Moparfanforever

Maybe some parts you may need could be found at a tractor supply store??

• Like 1

peter lena

@RED-Z06 https://ranchersupply.com/parts/disc-harrow-parts/  those rotational parts at best need a refit , you could make up a combined parts recovery , look up how its saposed to be /  parts break down . only thing that will make that work is overpower gearing. have to get inventive , Pete  

RED-Z06
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

@RED-Z06 https://ranchersupply.com/parts/disc-harrow-parts/  those rotational parts at best need a refit , you could make up a combined parts recovery , look up how its saposed to be /  parts break down . only thing that will make that work is overpower gearing. have to get inventive , Pete  

Im going to pull one gang apart if the rain ever stops, and measure the disc holes, gang bolt, and bushing...see if I can't come up with something.  12" discs are more common..if they will clear, i can go that way.

• Like 1

peter lena

@RED-Z06  as you take it apart , also think about adapting to the set up , realize  lots of that is long obsolete. would also look on line ,Craig's list , has a lot of  farm related , goodies , might luck out on a refit , good luck , Pete