llphill67

1257 transaxle manual

llphill67

Digging into my newly acquired 1257 a little deeper.  Going to rebuild transaxle.  Anybody got a PDF of the info (manual) that I will need to do this.  I have an operation and service manual for the 1257 but it is pretty slim on specific info, pretty much just exploded views and part numbers....no service information.  Pretty sure I can figure it all out on my own, but its always good to have a reference and guidance along the way.  Thanks

Ed Kennell

squonk

Different trans # but the same thing. Pictures and video's

llphill67

Thanks for the info.  So when discussing the 1257 trans, I should call it the "uni-drive 3 speed"? and/or 5058 trans?  Anybody have a list of bearings and seals that this trans needs that are in modern SAE terms, not part numbers?  Or a conversion chart that lists part number and corresponding bearing/seal number?    Asking since I know I'm going to run across unreadable numbers on some bearings and seals as I tear it apart.  Thanks

llphill67

Thanks for the videos, they are going to come in handy for sure! THANKS

gwest_ca

• Like 1

J854D

@llphill67, there is also a good bearing & seal cross reference that @stevasaurus put together in this transmission and transaxle forum. It is a pinned topic titled bearing & seal cross numbers. It is the 5th topic from the top. If you scroll down past the first three charts listed in the topic you’ll find the Uni-drive 5058 bearing & seal numbers. -JD-

• Like 1