Junkboy999

Need Help to ID Deck

Junkboy999

Hey Guys and Gals I have a WH 854 that did not have a deck.  I love 1964 stuff  and been looking for a deck for a while.  I just picked this this deck up in Facebook Market place.  It has the same mounting system on the flat top decks but I can not find any Info on this one.  I have gone through the file section and about 65 pages of Implements and attachments post.  I not an expert on these but I googles the hell out of it to night and have not seen this deck, some close ones but not this exact deck.  I do not see any model number tag but the serial number is, S/N A-66146.  Let me see if I can figure out how to load some pictures.  Any help would be helpful.

Thanks in advance Junkboy999

Terry.

Wheel Horse 654 Mower Deck-01.jpg

Wheel Horse 654 Mower Deck-02.jpg

Wheel Horse 654 Mower Deck-03.jpg

Wheel Horse 654 Mower Deck-04.jpg

Wheel Horse 654 Mower Deck-05.jpg

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Welcome to Red Square

Guessing it is a late 1963 model.

Width of cut 32" or 36"?

• Like 1

J854D

@Junkboy999, I too have an 854 Wheel Horse. Mine has a mower deck that looks just like the one in your pictures. I got my 854 used, but I’m relatively certain that the deck came with my tractor. However my mower deck is missing the serial number tag. My deck is a 32 inch cut which makes it a model RM-324. I can’t tell for certain from your pictures, but your deck could be a 36 inch cut. Hope this helps!     -JD-

Edited by J854D
  • Like 1

squonk

Either a RM -324 32" or an RM-364. Our original 64 604 came with an RM-324

Junkboy999

Thanks for the Help.  I was hopping that it was some what close to a 1964 deck as possible, or at least an option for 64.   I forgot to check the cut on it last night but It was raining and Junkboy does not like rain, even though the guy I got the deck off of talked about garden tractors for an hour at his work place while it was sprinkling.  The Deck is a 32 inch Cut and he said it came with a 654 he bought used.  The Deck is Solid, with just light surface rust.  The little screws for the covers need replacing and the rod with the ball on it connection point needs looking at.  I could not beat the price for it.  I traded a set of GT rims for it. :)  Here is a Pic of my Pops and my girls.  The little red runs and drives but I have not addressed the issue that all the gear box lube is in side the right rear rim.  I think I missing something off the parking break.  I have both the side covers for it as well.  I bought a square pan seat for it but I like the looks of the smaller implement seat on it.  The exhaust is routed up in a hole in the hood because at one time it had a Front end loaded on it.   

Thank you J854D, Squonk, and Gwest_CA .  If you guys have a picture of your deck like this attached to the tractor I would like to see them.

All so if any one has a idea for fixing the Ball and socket on that arm I'm all ears. I found a pic off the net of some botch job some one did on a deck.

The idea has merit.  just needed better execution.

Thanks Junkboy999

Terry 

20210126_130719.jpg

RM323 deck -01.jpg

Edited by Junkboy999
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

• Like 1

J854D

Sorry @Junkboy999, I don’t have any pics for you right now. My 854 and mower deck are a dismantled work in progress. Nice looking Cub Low-Boy you have there! -JD-