Mushrush

36" mower deck belts

Mushrush

Maybe I'm not skilled in the art of searching the internet, but I can't find the size belts for my mower deck. 

I don't know if I need them yet, but I would like to have some in stock in case I do.

I was mowing and all this white smoke came out of the mower deck. I looked underneath and only my middle blade was spinning. 

I'll be pulling the deck this weekend and do my assessment then. But since the tractor is still new to me, I might as well put ew parts in it

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gwest_ca

36" rear discharge? This may not be the model of deck you have but the belts will be the same. The 312-8 is a long frame tractor.

Click on the fuzzy picture

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, Mushrush said:

only my middle blade was spinning. 

Sounds like the belt tensioner slide is locked up and not keeping the belt tight.

I just had the same problem with my 48" SD deck.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Excellent 2

oliver2-44
13 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Sounds like the belt tensioner slide is locked up and not keeping the belt tight.

I just had the same problem with my 48" SD deck.

IMG_0018_zps0454843d.jpg

• Like 1

Brockport Bill
22 hours ago, Mushrush said:

Maybe I'm not skilled in the art of searching the internet, but I can't find the size belts for my mower deck. 

I don't know if I need them yet, but I would like to have some in stock in case I do.

I was mowing and all this white smoke came out of the mower deck. I looked underneath and only my middle blade was spinning. 

I'll be pulling the deck this weekend and do my assessment then. But since the tractor is still new to me, I might as well put ew parts in it

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i've cut with that 36 R.D.model mower - it makes a nice looking cut and lawn looks good -- plus, its very manuverable operating tractor around tight spaces, gardens, trees, etc

• Like 1

peter lena

@Mushrush cut with a 36" R/D for years ,  how easily does that spin up ?  clutch screaming ?  do you feed in the pto lever slowly  or just slam it on ?  when  the deck runs what does it sound like ?  underside packed with grass?  mower decks are a collective drag on the drive set up , if you can send some pictures  , pete 

Mushrush

I was just asking for the belt size. I'll figure out why only one blade is spinning. But there's a drive belt,(PTO to deck) and the deck belts/belt. (Drives the 3 blades)

I was asking the size and/or part number for the deck belt (or belts)

Edited by Mushrush

gwest_ca

Go back up and click on the fuzzy picture in the link provided.

The page that opens has the belt numbers and sizes on it. 

The reason they have been added to this page is some charts are not correct and no way to change them. And they are not all done yet.

clueless

A couple of things would help us help you. What tractor do you have and is the deck the original? The 36" deck came in at least 3 configuration and three different drive system since the mid '60s. "A picture saves a thousand words", and a lot less posts.

Edited by clueless