c-series don

Jays (Roadapples) tractor at work

Ed Kennell

Thanks Don for sharing this great pic.      Sorry I started another thread before I saw this.    I tried to delete mine, but wasn't sucessful.

Pullstart

I wondered where it went.. so glad to see it working and building smiles!  Don was your neighbor a :wh: owner previously?  Mr. Jay, I hope you’re watching him dig!  You’d have loved to be there I’m sure!

Edited by Pullstart
  • Heart 2

c-series don

@Pullstart My neighbor has seen me for years doing different tasks with different tractors (all Wheel Horse of course) and knows about my infatuation with them. Last summer he told me that he was ready to purchase one, so he found a pretty nice 312-A with a deck, bagger and a snowplow. We live on a dirt road and soon he was asking me about a grader blade. Next thing I know he’s driving to Virginia to pick one up. I think it was a 14 hour round trip! I’m honestly not sure how he found out about Roadapples backhoe tractor, probably here. I told him about Red Square early on in his quest for a tractor. Then he tells me he’s buying one with a backhoe and I’m thinking “Crap I don’t even have one of those!” Sure enough, a few days later he shows up with Jays tractor! He definitely has the bug now and I am definitely a bad influence on him! I must say that it is nice to have someone across the road from me who is interested in these tractors. Like most of us here I love talking Wheel Horses! 

• Excellent 7

Ed Kennell
43 minutes ago, c-series don said:

not sure how he found out about Roadapples backhoe tractor, probably here. 

Don, Andy PMed me on Sept. 27 2022 just days after I started posting Jay's collection.     In a few days the Roadapple Backhoe was at Donnie's Neighbor.

BTW, I was just on the phone with Jay's brother Guy and told him to look for your picture of Andy on the 160.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Handy Don
12 hours ago, c-series don said:

nice to have someone across the road from me who is interested in these tractors

Also nice that they have a backhoe, should one become needed on your side of the road! :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

ineedanother
11 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Also nice that they have a backhoe, should one become needed on your side of the road! :D

Kinda like a friend with a boat...sometimes beats owning one :thumbs:

• Like 3

TractorEd

Great story!  Made my day!

• Like 2

formariz

There is nothing more gratifying than using something or a tool that belonged to someone who has impacted one’s life and was affectionately looked upon. It’s part of the legacy they leave us and will never be forgotten. Lucky are the ones who are the recipients of such legacy and appreciate it. Good to hear this story. 

• Like 2
  • Heart 2