Blasterdad

What could possibly go wrong?

Blasterdad

Seen this the other day, made sure I left before they did.

Some excuses for this come to mind such as..." I wasn't going very far ", " Seemed like a good idea at the time ", " I don't know, I was drunk ".

Stay alert people, they are out there....

ORRT8216.JPG.1a18eaebb1973f43103a620a588734d5.JPG

• Haha 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

953 nut

That could get expensive in a hurry with one of the new vehicles where the mirrors turn inward when the key is turned off.       :jaw:       Crunch!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Blasterdad
17 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

That could get expensive in a hurry

Not to mention improperly secured load ticket, lawsuits, ect...:law-policered:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

953 nut
3 minutes ago, Blasterdad said:

Not to mention improperly secured load ticket, lawsuits, ect...:law-policered:

Good point, the load should have been firmly attached to the sturdy radio antenna.       :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Blasterdad
4 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Good point, the load should have been firmly attached to the sturdy radio antenna.       :laughing-rolling:

Too bad it didn't have the power mirror, would have helped too! :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 1

ri702bill

When I was about 8 growing up in the capital city, there was some wahoo with a rolled up lineoleum 12 footer stuck diagonally out the passengers front window. Rounded the corner at an intersection, spanked a telephone pole with it - the 12 footer was now a 9 !!!  :ROTF:

• Haha 4

953 nut

I watched a couple of idiots load four sheets of 1/2" plywood on the roof of a car and tie it off with some of the twin you can find at the check out of Home Cheepo. They didn't even make it out of the parking lot before the plywood was taking flight.

On another occasion I was having lunch at a fast food place and looked out the window just in time to see the feature event.   :auto-crash:     A pick-up with a ladder rack had about a dozen sheets of drywall on the rack. The compact car in front of them stopped to avoid a collision and became a bity more compact when all of that drywall slid off the ladder rack on top of the car.    

• Haha 6

Pullstart
27 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I watched a couple of idiots load four sheets of 1/2" plywood on the roof of a car and tie it off with some of the twin you can find at the check out of Home Cheepo. They didn't even make it out of the parking lot before the plywood was taking flight.

I’ve seen plenty of guys tie their doors shut strapping junk to their roofs in the contractor parking.  Like “Please tell me you really aren’t a contractor!?!”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Blasterdad
5 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I’ve seen plenty of guys tie their doors shut strapping junk to their roofs in the contractor parking.  Like “Please tell me you really aren’t a contractor!?!”

Like this "contractor".

Is This Car Loaded with 3000 Lbs. of Building Supplies? | Snopes.com

Edited by Blasterdad
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 6

kpinnc
3 hours ago, Blasterdad said:

Stay alert people, they are out there....

Helped my daughter move some furniture last Friday. She kept asking why I used so many ratchet straps on my trailer. I guess some folks think an item's weight is enough to keep it secure.

• Sad 1

Lee1977
1 hour ago, kpinnc said:

Helped my daughter move some furniture last Friday. She kept asking why I used so many ratchet straps on my trailer. I guess some folks think an item's weight is enough to keep it secure.

Looks like the one above is secured in the parking lot.

• Haha 2

ranger

He could have cable tie/tie-wrapped it to the spokes of his wheels🤔😱

• Haha 3

ri702bill

A second tale of someone not securing cargo..... Years ago, I had a Chevy Silver-a-doo rental truck while my Ranger was being fixed. We were given the opportunity to use our friends beach house the first portion of Labor Day weekend, they were taking their daughter back to college, so we did.

My wife took the Sunday paper with us, she would use the large console as a table to work on the crossword puzzle as I drove. We passed a Ho-Depot on the way. I look ahead, there was a pickup in front of me that just got onto the highway from the on ramp. In the bed was a fiberglass corner shower unit in its "kindling-crate" of 1x4's up against the cab vertically. We go a short distance, the shower unit wanders back up against the tailgate and starts to tip backwards. Not saying a word, I switched 2 lanes to get away from this clown and slowed up a bit. The wind grabbed it, up in the air it went - it's "Auntie Em" time!! My wife is oblivious to all this while doing the puzzle - the shower unit goes up about 40 feet and does a couple of summersaults before coming on down. It was apparent it was going to land in my lane in front of me - I cranked the wheel hard left and went back over 2 lanes. My wife says "Why are you driving like such an a-hole??" I replied "Because of that" and pointed up ahead. Just as she looked up, the shower unit lands in the first lane along side her and disintergrates into bits. I said "That's why".

The doofus in the other truck stopped, he looked back, then kept going....

Reminded me of Helen Hunt asking "Where's my truck" in the movie Twister....

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

953 nut
8 hours ago, kpinnc said:

. She kept asking why I used so many ratchet straps on my trailer.

My wife always said that until she saw a recliner fall out of a pick-up and barrel roll across two lanes of traffic.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

I live 1/2 mile from HD, Lowe's and Menards... see that side mirror "tie down" and much worse daily... :(

When I bought an old 24' sailing mast off a guy for my flagpole, I paid him $20 to deliver it. Yep, that 's how he showed up... I asked him about it since he was driving a very nice vehicle. He said: "I run a marina. Perfect way to transport long masts... I've done this forever..." :(

What did Forrest Gump's mom say? 

image.jpeg.eb6a40cec4da8ea6c1c82cf8c3f479db.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

kpinnc

I've said it many times: if I truly learned from my mistakes, I'd be a genius by now!

Short version: I still screw up, just not as bad or often as in my youth!

• Like 3

Handy Don
1 hour ago, kpinnc said:

I've said it many times: if I truly learned from my mistakes, I'd be a genius by now!

This resonates for me.

I think.

Or maybe I have that wrong.

Oops.

;)

• Haha 2

kpinnc
4 hours ago, Handy Don said:

This resonates for me.

I think.

Or maybe I have that wrong.

Oops.

;)

In my case- I say after 50, any mistake you forget doesn't count! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Handy Don
3 hours ago, kpinnc said:

In my case- I say after 50, any mistake you forget doesn't count! :thumbs:

Neat philosophy! 

kpinnc
1 minute ago, Handy Don said:

Neat philosophy! 

Don, what are you talking about? :lol:

• Haha 3

953 nut
19 hours ago, kpinnc said:

If there were no witnesses, no photos and no visits to the ER I guess it didn't happen!            :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1