Sign in to follow this  
Lane Ranger

Winamac, Indiana Antique Power Show

Lane Ranger

My brother and I visited the 32nd Annual Winamac, Indiana Antique Power Show on Saturday July 18th.

Wheel Horse's had some good representatives.

Truman Nordhagen of South Bend, IN had his 28 HP , five engine 1978 modified Wheel Horse present. A great treat to speak with him and learn about his project tractor. Wheel Horse is powered by 5 Briggs and Stratton engines (four 5 HP and one 8 HP).

Attached is a good photo of his tractor:

100_6164.jpg

Hugh Tetzloff of Sturgis, MI. had his 1975 modified Wheel Horse that is run on a 1905 Stover putt-putt engine. Quite a sight to behold! Two photos below.

100_6167.jpg

100_6165.jpg

Some Wheel Horse pullers from Peru, Indiana:

100_6171.jpg

Bob Kramer of Winamac bought this 1964 Wheel Horse 1054 for $150 in LaPorte, In. and is working on restoring the tractor. Here are three photos of his project.

100_6172.jpg

100_6174.jpg

100_6173.jpg

The most interesting working tractor to me was the very small Bantam. Seen below. This thing s lookss smaller than a pedal tractor.

100_6201.jpg

Great show at Winamac and I recommend RedSquare members attendance and participation next year!

nylyon

Great pictures, thank you for sharing them. That 5 motor horse is something, how did he have them connected together?

Lane Ranger

Truman:

Ran them on a shaft underneath the frame with belts and he also had the throttles all tied together into one cable. I did not get a underneath view but it was a sight !

Also as I recall the tranaxle was out of a European sports car!