wh315-8

Snow Herd is Ready

kpinnc

12 foot drifts????? :blink:

Y'all can keep that stuff! We rarely get enough snow to make a drift, and I'm thankful. I love to see the snow when (if) we get any, but I love to see it gone in just a day or two. 

Note to self: no more complaining about the heat in summer. It's a fair trade! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ohiofarmer

Up at the barn was a circle of pavement we turned around in. Grandpa had his house and garage, the shed and strip house to the west, the equipment shed and then the barn around the north and east. .The weather bureau reported that the barometric pressure was in the high 26 range.

We were pretty much at the eye of the storm. That snow froze so hard you could walk on it so we climbed on top and sighted a 2x4 to a point on a clear corner of the corn crib and it was twelve feet deep.

The folks talked a lot about how much it snowed in the thirties. It was pretty routine that they walked along the fence top drifts along the road as it was the easiest way to get around if it stayed cold enough.

We made our fun with an old car hood pulled behind a Farmall. Get her going and the guy on the hood stood up with a rope handle as we tightened the circle till the centrifugal force took off the rider. We got bent up a little, but no broken bones

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• rustyedge1
      By rustyedge1
      Selling cab as is and photo'd. Don't know how much of the frame work is original. Panels are used and torn in some places. Windows are fairly clear and solid. Paperwork is pretty shot but included. States fits C series tractors. Haven't tried the zippers or snaps. Fab work done by previous owner. PM any questions. 150.00 cash SOLD
      Tried the zippers today 2-6-23 and they are working, little WD40 works wonders. SOLD

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      My show tractors for October Festivals.
      RJ59, 1045, 657 w/sickle bar, 10HP and D200. Just love the attention and hearing the stories of grandpa or growing up had one. Always can see the joy these Horses bring to the spectators. Than telling them the WH history story along with Speedex story always intrigues them.
      Than of course there is always someone that needs to get one out of the way.
      Last year it was the 1045 and the PO was so excited to learn I got her running and been mowing my grass all summer. Of course I had to let him drive her around.
      This year it’s a 702 I think I getting this week. 
      So many were engrossed by the Sickle Bar never knowing such was available on garden tractors.

• Boyd
      By Boyd
      wheel horse garden tractor mower, rear discharge mowing deck & snow blower both in good condition and runs well. all the parts for the snow blower are with it.

• Bill D
      By Bill D
      Picked up this Toro Power Max yesterday.  The rake is shot but the gearbox is good and the shaft isn't bent.   Why Toro doesn't use shear bolts, I'll never know.

• Ben N
      By Ben N
      Hey everyone! I'm relatively new to Red Square and this is my first post so bear with me here. Can someone help me identify this electrical componenet? The guy I bought this C-85 from jacked up the wiring and I rewired the entire thing but I still have no clue what this is. Its located just to the right of the steering colum behind the battery. Thank you!